Switching Baby's Formula

Has anybody had to switch formulas on your baby? I have to change from Similac to Good Start and I was wondering if that will affect him in any way? Will it make him constipated or is there a chance he wont want to take it?

AdensMommy1107

Asked by AdensMommy1107 at 1:25 PM on Mar. 15, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• We did the same switch on ds 5 years ago. I know they have made changes since then but in our case it was agood thing much gentler formula, no problems at all.
    AK_aries

Answer by AK_aries at 1:27 PM on Mar. 15, 2009

• My daughter got switched because of her wic a few years ago and she would not drink the good start at allllllll....but she was 2 months away from being off of formula and they wouldnt give me similac at all so i just had to try to give it to her anyway i could with cereal or whatever...it doesnt make them constipated or anything its just like any other formula just a diffrent name brand..my son loved it drank the store out sometimes lol but my 3rd child my youngest daughter she hated it and wouldnt drink it they tried her on the soy she would spit it right back out...so i had to take her in at 1 month old to show the doctor that my 1 month old was spiiting up she was spitting out lol and he couldnt believe it and gave me a perscript for enfamil ar lipil and she loved that stuff lol she didnt have acid reflux which is what that is for but he had to have some reason to give it to her and that is what she always ate
    BBKMommy

Answer by BBKMommy at 1:29 PM on Mar. 15, 2009

• I did on my daughter. Of course that was 16yrs ago.. lol I switched from Similac w/ iron to Isolmil (sp?) I don't even know if they sell that any more.. lol From what I remember it didn't bother her in any way..
    honeys_sugamama

Answer by honeys_sugamama at 1:29 PM on Mar. 15, 2009

• i just changed my daughter formula today
    Mamaof2010

Answer by Mamaof2010 at 1:29 PM on Mar. 15, 2009