how can I wean my 15 mo. old from breastfeeding at night?

she won't take a bottle or sippy and she will just grab for my breast and scream. people have told me to let her cry herself to sleep, but after an hour n' half she is still screaming and I give in. She will cry to the point of getting so worked up she pukes. and then I start to cry. I very much enjoy breastfeeding but everyone says she is to old. HELP!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:37 PM on Mar. 15, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• do you have anyone else in the house that could put her to sleep? if so id try that..
    Anonymous

• I would just ignore what they are saying. She isn't too old, and will probably wean herself before or around age 2. I wouldn't let what people say influence me. If you enjoy breastfeeding and she obviously wants to continue, I would tell them to mind their own business. World health Organization says to breastfeed until 2. If they continue bugging them about it just start spouting off things about how heatlhy it is, etc.. they will be quiet ;)
    kaliebugsmomma

Answer by kaliebugsmomma at 3:43 PM on Mar. 15, 2009

• Well them my 21 month ole is WAY TO OLD. 16 months is when I night weaned my first and I haven't with my second because I am a WOHM now. If you really want to night wean then try having DH or someone else comfort her when she wakes up, but don't do it because others say you need to. As the OP WHO says nurse until 2 years.
    aeneva

Answer by aeneva at 4:07 PM on Mar. 15, 2009