Going back to work. Help!?!?

I have to go back to work in about 2 weeks and am breastfeeding and I need to ween my son, whom will not take formula. He gets very mad at me when i try to give him formula. Any suggestions. And also does any one know the best way to stop your breast from making milk????

kellyadele

Asked by kellyadele at 1:38 PM on Mar. 15, 2009 in General Parenting

• I care for children in our home during the day and all the mothers pumped their milk and had no problems at all. They wouldn't consider depriving their children of the nurishment they need and all the more so since they have to leave them all day long in the hands of other people. I encourage you to do the same, don't put your child through more trauma then is necessary. And it really is essential for normal brain development, immunity and countless other health benefits that they deserve.
    lilhoney

Answer by lilhoney at 11:45 PM on Mar. 15, 2009

• Have you considered pumping? That way your son still gets breast milk, just from a bottle. Or is your son not into the bottle? You might want to try a different nipple.
    Busimommi

Answer by Busimommi at 1:41 PM on Mar. 15, 2009

• You don't have to stop breastfeeding,you could try pumping each night and making enough bottles for the day
    Aimee789135

Answer by Aimee789135 at 2:59 PM on Mar. 15, 2009

• I"m with them.
    lstrickland

Answer by lstrickland at 4:45 PM on Mar. 15, 2009

• Pump mama...why give up just because of a job?
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 11:02 AM on Mar. 16, 2009