Anybody else tired of this? Profiling, judging, offending, name calling, stereotyping etc....

This happens all the time in here! Someone asks a question, but during their question they stereotype, judge, offend and even racially profile people! Then when they get a load of offended people answering them they can't handle it! Why can't we be honest with each other but still accept and appreciate each others differences!

Steff107

Asked by Steff107 at 1:54 PM on Mar. 15, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Because no matter where ya go, there are some really dumb people out there!
    Babylove76

Answer by Babylove76 at 2:00 PM on Mar. 15, 2009

• no ones ever going to get over the whole 'different color' thing ... EVER . and it sucks ...
    tha-hawt-mommie

Answer by tha-hawt-mommie at 2:03 PM on Mar. 15, 2009

• Most of the ones you are talking about are young..Have not fully maturedyet. So I try not to get offended by them. I try to just role with the punchs.

Answer by louise2 at 2:03 PM on Mar. 15, 2009

• AMEN Steff! But yeah, unfortunately they are teeny bopper mom want a be's... something similar to Brittany Spears Mama Baby Drama types. They need to grow up, let go of the apron strings, move out of mommy and daddy's basement and find out what life is really like. They have a kid and they think it makes them grown ups. Good luck with that baby dolls. You are just playing house.
    Anonymous

• I do not think it has to do with maturity, I think it has to do with openmindedness and the willingness to learn. That does come sometimes with maturity, but I know some folks who on their deathbed..never get it. I try to ignore any and all stuff here that leans towards intolerance of any kind. No matter what i say, I prolly will not change how that person thinks, so I would rather spend my energy and stuff on people who DO "get it". Life is full of diff people/colors/choices/etc...to me it is what makes the ride fun and interesting. It is too draining to read the negativity, so if it upsets you, try to avoid it. :o)
    Bearsjen

Answer by Bearsjen at 2:09 PM on Mar. 15, 2009

• I guess there are some times(not every single post)that I just feel so strongly I feel the need to say something. I'm not trying to change the world or change their minds, but sometimes I wonder if they realize they are offensive. I know it sounds corny, but knowledge really is power.
    Steff107

Answer by Steff107 at 2:15 PM on Mar. 15, 2009

• Good advice, Bearsjen, but I think that all of this IS tied into maturity levels. My 1st grader came home from school crying last week because a friend of hers with a cleft lip was being made fun of. She is one of the most mature people I know! Maturity doesn't just come with age as a lot of people think. It also comes with open mindedness, and a willingness to see life from someone other than themselves.
    Babylove76

Answer by Babylove76 at 2:16 PM on Mar. 15, 2009

• "Most of the ones you are talking about are young..Have not fully maturedyet."

I'm sorry but that right there is exactly the kind of stuff that she's talking about. It's not just the younger moms who do things like that. I don't know how many moms I come across that make comments totally off the mark that are older. It may be tied to maturity but it's also about respect and knowledge. You may not agree or understand but respect for your fellow person will get you a long way. Also, many people say things because they don't have a knowledge of how things really are.
    mommalady

Answer by mommalady at 2:31 PM on Mar. 15, 2009

• I really think it has to do with the way they were raised.. some people are just drama queens.. others are bigots... and some just don't realize they are saying anything offensive, when in truth they are.

yes I wish it would mellow out some.. but when you have the ability to hid behind a button, then you get the freedom to speak out more.. not a good think in a lot of cases.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 2:32 PM on Mar. 15, 2009

• Sometimes the maturity level as well as on the older crowd is baffling.But it is great to get together with all ages and types so you know judging will always happen. But over all I still enjoy this site. I don't take too much seriously on here.
    jareda69

Answer by jareda69 at 6:08 PM on Mar. 15, 2009