how much is too much to tell a freind what going in your life

I have a freind, she like a sister to me, we talk about everything together we go out together we share almost everything and people say that i tell her to much of what going on and they get mad at me, i have know for a little over a year now but like i said if i didn't trust her I would talk to her about my prombles and what;s going on? how much is too much to talk about with your freinds i'm sure i'm not the only one with freinds and talk

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:15 PM on Mar. 15, 2009 in Relationships

• I tell my best friend everything..we always did things together and talked about our hubbys and all that good crap..If something was to happen and she tried to use something against me i really wouldnt care i havent said nething to get me in trouble ya know but maybe the ppl that are telling you that are just jeaslous that is what it sounds like to me i think its good to have someone in ur life to talk to.
    BBKMommy

Answer by BBKMommy at 2:18 PM on Mar. 15, 2009

• If you and your friend are fine with it than everyone else's opinions about too much is not relavent. It is your relationship with your friend. If you are comfortable with it and it isn't causing a problem than it's probably fine. If you don't like the advice or comments you get about certain subjects, then just don't bring them up. People need to mind their own business sometimes, they might just be jealous of your friendship too!
    Steff107

Answer by Steff107 at 2:19 PM on Mar. 15, 2009

• Never tell anyone anything you don't want common knowledge. That way you are always safe.
    Anonymous

• As long as YOU trust her and she hasn't given you a reason not to trust her. Why do other people think you're telling her too much? Is she letting them know how much you tell her? That wouldn't be cool. I have a friend that I tell everything to.. I've known her since 2nd grade and we kit as much as we can. A couple other friends I talk to a lot I've known for about 3 years, but I've been known to spill my guts to friends I'd had for less than a year as well.
    motherofanaries

Answer by motherofanaries at 2:21 PM on Mar. 15, 2009

• If you trust her then you can tell her everything, if you dont fully trust her then only tell her what you would not mind other people knowing.
    LimoMOM5

Answer by LimoMOM5 at 2:23 PM on Mar. 15, 2009

• If your DH/BF does not like you to tell your GF everything,,, about you marriage..You need to respect his oppinion.

Answer by louise2 at 2:25 PM on Mar. 15, 2009

• I'm not sure why people would be telling you that you're telling her too much. If these are your deepest, darkest secrets...how is it that other people who are not your best friends know about it in order to be able to tell you to not tell this person? Do you make it a habit of "letting it all out" to everyone even when it isn't appropriate? Does this person talk about your behind your back and share your intimate details with others? The question "how much is too much" is easily answered by asking yourself why other people are telling you not to tell her things. If it's because she's untrustworthy, then stop telling her things. If it is because other friends are jealous...then don't stop telling her things because that isn't a good reason.

NovemberLove

Answer by NovemberLove at 2:44 PM on Mar. 15, 2009

• (cont.) If the person asking you not to tell her things is your SO or DH (or other friends who are asking you to keep things a secret), then you shouldn't tell her. Things in your romantic relationship should be between you and DH. How is your husband/SO going to be able to trust you with embarassing, intimate details when he knows you're going to go and discuss it with your BFF? I wouldn't tell my husband a damn thing if he did that to me. The same goes with my friends. If I have a friend that has another good friend and she goes and relays everything I say to someone else, I'm not going to be telling that friend very much anymore. A TRUE friend understands that there are secrets and promises that you keep to other people that you can't tell them about and is OK with that.
    NovemberLove

Answer by NovemberLove at 2:47 PM on Mar. 15, 2009

• As long as she and you keep eachothers things to yourselves then what is the problem? I think its great to have a friend you can share anything
    pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 2:57 PM on Mar. 15, 2009

• I think it is great you have a friend you trust so completely. Having someone to confide in and talk to is important for people. But also its good to be careful what you tell your friend about your relationship. Are you talking to her about problems that are best resolved between you and your man? There is a time to talk to your girls and get their advise on how to handle situations, just make sure u arent simply gossiping about your man (this can cause her to have negative emotions towards him). Also let him know that you would never betray his confidence and tell her anything he wouldnt want you to. A good rule is if you wouldnt want him talking to one of his friends about something, chances are you shouldnt take it to your friend either. Its just a good way to keep both relationships healthy. And you never have to worry that you are putting one against the other. Just my advise. Hope it helps! God bless!
    Tzutchka

Answer by Tzutchka at 3:06 PM on Mar. 15, 2009