How to survive when I get out?

I'm fed up my dh infidelities.Other than the lies and betrayal he is a wonderful friend,provider and Dad. My family and small community would be shocked to know that this hard working church going man has a dark side.I'm torn with 25 years of marriage,1 child still in high school.I have many health issues that would cause a 55 yo woman great difficulty working out.I might add I have been a SAHM for 24 years.Dh has made some stupid job moves that has jeopardized our retirement,savings,livelihood. He is making barely over the minimum wage. We are struggling since he quit his well paying job for an adventure that did not pan out. Which threw us into a mad cycle of running debt up on our credit cards.many are in my maiden name.Any ideas as to how I could walk away from him and have an income with all my health issues at hand? Disabilty is so hard to prove these days.Please no bashing.I need help.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:33 PM on Mar. 15, 2009 in Relationships

• I would wait until your last child is out of high school. Hopefully that is only a year away? I am so sorry you are going through this. When you guys divorce, you will have to sell the house and hopefully that will help settle some of the debts. Depending on where you live you may be able to find a very small apartment and work a part time, or easy job.
    kemclaughlin

Answer by kemclaughlin at 2:36 PM on Mar. 15, 2009

• with being married n the situation you are in he could have to pay you spousal support
    BBKMommy

Answer by BBKMommy at 2:36 PM on Mar. 15, 2009

• Disability takes forever to approve you for.. it could take over a year, and they would expect you NOT to work until they decide. I say apply for disability now, before you leave your husband. That way, you'd know what you would be working with.
    motherofanaries

Answer by motherofanaries at 2:48 PM on Mar. 15, 2009

• So sorry to hear this. Let me tell you this-- you are NOT ALONE--your story sounds very similar to mine, with a few differences. We are separated, I have 14 and 15 year olds still at home, I am a 15 year SAHM. have type 1 diabetes, and like you said, it is very hard to prove disability, but I am currently working with my doctor to document proof. My dh has made many stupid moves that have put is in near--foreclosure, and it's now up to him to save our home--but since he no longer lives here, he is most likely going to let us sink, especailysincef I am unwilling to give him sexual favors.I have two horses, two collies, and a cat that I have no idea what will happen to, if he chooses to not save our home. So I hear you loud and clear. I am very depressed and trying to keep my head up, pray and have faith, but it is so difficult. There is NO going back to him. He is a horrible monster--that is all I will say here.
    Aprilmorgans

Answer by Aprilmorgans at 2:59 PM on Mar. 15, 2009