Would you be angry at this?

I made a date with someone I met online. We were chatting and texting for a good week or two and he asked me out for lunch but I couldn't go so I said what about drinks? He said great and we said 8:30ish. So Tuesday night came and I didn't hear from him since he made the date the Saturday before. He ended up not only not showing up but didn't even call to say to cancel. I see that as being stood up. I got angry about this and told him he was rude to not contact me in some way. I mean, how long does it take to do a text? Would you be made at someone standing you up? His excuse about a week later was that his mom got into a car accident so he had to go home. But really, he could have text saying I have to cancel, family emergency. What do you think?

aidansmom111804

Asked by aidansmom111804 at 2:49 PM on Mar. 15, 2009 in Relationships

• It was rude, He could of text you. Check him off the list to call.
    gammie

Answer by gammie at 6:18 PM on Mar. 15, 2009

• i agree he should have let you known but there are so many men on this thing that just like to play with ppls emotions
    BBKMommy

Answer by BBKMommy at 2:51 PM on Mar. 15, 2009

• let me tell u a story..this might help you out maybe not..but for somereason i got the urge to tell u

My aunt met someone online and he ended up coming to visit her..well she got evicted and as soon as shit hit the fan he went back to his state...they finally came and sit her stuff out on the side of the road and she got money to go up there to him without knowing where he lived or nothing..long story short i thought she was stupid for doing it but they were together 5 years not happy and he cheated on her now has a child with another woman and doesnt care about her ot talk to her or nething he just up and left her..personally i dont think meeting ppl on the internet for relationships is a good idea maybe try making some friends or something to meet that live around you but relationships on here are crazy because you never really know if they are who they say they are
    BBKMommy

Answer by BBKMommy at 2:53 PM on Mar. 15, 2009

• Well circumstance aside, YES it is VERY inconsiderate not to call or show up, and NO because it is his mama. I think if I were you, and this was something that you really wanted to pursue then I would say OKay yeah we had a bad start, lets start fresh, OR you could have just walked away from a big mama's boy who likes to make excuses for his bad behavior and will even lie to you saying his mom has been in a car accident because he didn't want to be accountable for his inconsiderate behavior. Your call, but I can bet that I would be pretty miffed whatever the excuse....
    MamaRoberts

Answer by MamaRoberts at 2:55 PM on Mar. 15, 2009

• Look at it this way, maybe he was a total psycho creepy weirdo who wasn't who he said he was and it was better you didn't make contact anyway.
    Steff107

Answer by Steff107 at 3:03 PM on Mar. 15, 2009

• He sounds like He's just not that into you..I would just forget about him and move on.
    Anonymous

• One of the pp's touched on it, but I was curious how you knew he was telling you the truth to start with. Computer screens and cell phones hide a lot...
    rhope4

Answer by rhope4 at 3:40 PM on Mar. 15, 2009

• I, honestly, doubt his mom was ever in an accident...especially if it took him a week to come up with that. Yes, I would be mad...and I wouldn't go out with him after that.
    kabbot01

Answer by kabbot01 at 3:53 PM on Mar. 15, 2009

• To me that is crazy to hook up with someone online,you don't know what kind of person they truly are. Hell he can type anything to make you feel good.
    Anonymous

• I remember your first post, I would just write him off! He's not worth your energy! He may be married and had family obligations come up! Or he's just tinkering with the idea of cheating. I don't have an opinion on Internet dating, I know people who have met nice people! :D This guy doesn't seem to be one of them.

Austinsmom35

Answer by Austinsmom35 at 7:01 PM on Mar. 15, 2009