Ebay?

Ebay has changed . Is there still a living to be made on ebay? I use to find great bargains on ebay..last few years it has gone so commercial. Any advice? I would like to clean out my closet and cabinets.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:52 PM on Mar. 15, 2009 in Money & Work

• it can be good but all the companies in china took over. but if your shipping is cheaper i think you can still make some money. my dad used to buy fishing reels and fix them and resell them he made a good amount
    Anonymous

• Depends on what you have. I had a garage sale- but I sold some of the nicer stuff on ebay. I made out pretty well. But look at what you have and watch it on ebay. See what sells and what doesn't. For instance, I tried selling some books- wasn't worth it. But collectibles and clothes did really well. So it depends on what you have and how you list it. Watch the items that sell for the most and see if those sellers have anything special in the way they list. Some listings just catch your eye more. And low shipping helps too! I also think that items that start with a lower opening bid generally end up selling for more. But, if it is an item that isn't selling- you might only get one bid- so you really just have to know your stuff!
    Greenbeans422

Answer by Greenbeans422 at 3:46 PM on Mar. 15, 2009