Disabililty

I have been a SAHM for over 25 years. I have diabetis, no thyroid,sleep apnea,morbidly obese age 55. My dh is going thru male menopause and is behaving crazy now.Do I have any or enough symptoms to qualify for disability?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:58 PM on Mar. 15, 2009 in Health

• I'm not sure,but it wouldn't hurt to try.I've heard people get disability for smaller things than that.
    Anonymous

• I'm pretty they will say that you don't, just from what we learned and went through getting my son on disability.
    aurorabunny

Answer by aurorabunny at 3:50 PM on Mar. 15, 2009

• I 've heard you have to have a disability in your body or mind or mental illness.I don't think Diabtes qualifies,unless it stops you from working.
    countingsparows

Answer by countingsparows at 3:51 PM on Mar. 15, 2009

• The diabetes, if it is severe enough that you cannot work, MAY get you disability, but you'll have to have a doctor or two or three provide evidence that it keeps you from working. The obesity, you will have to have the same thing. You can count on it taking 2 to 3 years or more to be approved, IF they do approve it. The thyroid problem is seen as something than can be medicated and the apnea wouldn't interfere with work beyond the fact that you're tired all the time.
    michiganmom116

Answer by michiganmom116 at 4:17 PM on Mar. 15, 2009

• like the said i depends on how bad it is. one of my son got disability for his condition. but ssi had denied the other one because it wasn't bad enough they have the same condition.
    adoptafamily

Answer by adoptafamily at 4:56 PM on Mar. 15, 2009

• You will not qualify for disability because you have not worked and earned enough credits. You will need to apply for regular social security.
    Magpie75

Answer by Magpie75 at 5:56 PM on Mar. 15, 2009