Can I use bleach on my cloth diapers??

I've been cloth diapering for a year now and I have just been too weary to use any stain lifters on the diapers. They're all getting dingy and stained. I heard that bleach is bad for the diapers...but what can I use??

Cathy2005

Asked by Cathy2005 at 3:04 PM on Mar. 15, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I wouldn't. Too much risk of causing skin irritation. Do you live where you can hang your diapers on a clothesline? Sunshine is a natural bleacher that won't cause irritation to baby's skin. If you can't hang them out or would be too embarrassed, if I did use bleach, I would rinse like three timesin cold water.
    Aprilmorgans

Answer by Aprilmorgans at 3:09 PM on Mar. 15, 2009

• Sunning your diapers is your best bet because bleach is really bad for them. There is a cloth diapering group on here that can answer all of these types of questions.
    kemclaughlin

Answer by kemclaughlin at 3:12 PM on Mar. 15, 2009

• I wouldn't. When DDs inserts start looking dingy, I add a bit of baking soda to the wash. Sun is also a natural whitening agent, and that ALW/AYs gets stains out for me!
    epoh

Answer by epoh at 3:31 PM on Mar. 15, 2009