How much are piano lessons per hour?

Someone quoted me $45 for 1 hour in home. Does that sound right? It seems high to me but i have no clue! Thanks

marci775

Asked by marci775 at 3:07 PM on Mar. 15, 2009 in General Parenting

• My daughter charges $30/hr. and the student comes to her and that is low compared to others. It probably depends where you live, the amount of education the teacher has. I have paid as much as $60/hr for my children's violin and cello lessons. Hope that helps
    jmcan

Answer by jmcan at 3:29 PM on Mar. 15, 2009

• I pay $45.00 per hour at the university. INTENSIVE court with a professor. My kids are very advanced.
    JoMomtoCandJ2

Answer by JoMomtoCandJ2 at 5:51 PM on Mar. 15, 2009

• I paid $15 for a half an hour twice a week and that was 10 yrs ago.
    wheresthewayout

Answer by wheresthewayout at 6:16 PM on Mar. 15, 2009

• My mom pays $10 for 45 minutes of lessons for my sister, but she is just a beginner. The highest level her teacher teaches is only like $30 for 45 minutes though. If you have any music stores near you (that sell like sheet music and band instruments) I would check them out they can usually at least refer you to good teachers and you may be able to get a better price
    soccerchik8287

Answer by soccerchik8287 at 11:00 PM on Mar. 15, 2009

• When I took lessons about 10 years ago it was $6 for 30 minutes and I went to her house.
    purpleducky

Answer by purpleducky at 10:10 AM on Mar. 16, 2009

• It depends on the teacher, his or her experiance
    Rachel24517

Answer by Rachel24517 at 11:20 AM on Mar. 16, 2009

• My music teachers usually charged $60-$100 per hour, but didn't charge for extra rehearsals for competitions, monthly Saturday informal recitals, and formal parent recitals. Most of my teacher's students ended up majoring in music. i didn't. It depends heavily on the area, the level of education of your teacher, and the level you want your child to play.
    Busimommi

Answer by Busimommi at 12:43 PM on Mar. 16, 2009