What would you do...

while visiting us for a long weekend, my 85 year old father in law, tried to kiss me on the lips (turned my head twice - teeth clanking) and then while I said good morning to him the next day, he grabbed my breast (whole hand around it). My husband loves his father much. I didn't say anything to anyone. I'm appalled and disgusted with him, a former preacher, hah! I have three childre, two boys and a teenage daugther. I spent most of the night watching him like a hawk. I'm glad they are out of the house I just as soon see him at his funeral. Am I crazy to feel that way. He's never done this before.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:47 PM on Mar. 15, 2009 in Relationships

• I understand being angry at him for doing that but to me the funereal thing was a little harsh. The best thing to do is talk to your hubby about what happened.
    FTBALLMOF2BOYS

Answer by FTBALLMOF2BOYS at 3:52 PM on Mar. 15, 2009

• Alzheimers,maybe? Senility? I would reprimand him verbally and LOUDLY if he tries it again, as well as maybe slapping his hand. Tell your husband, too.
    Aprilmorgans

Answer by Aprilmorgans at 3:58 PM on Mar. 15, 2009

• i agree the funeral thing is taking it a bit to far you need to confront ur dh and tell him what happened and how it makes you feel now that his father has done that to you!
    butterscotch297

Answer by butterscotch297 at 4:00 PM on Mar. 15, 2009

• haha i would has just said out load what do you think you are doing.. really load so everyone could hear it.. bet he wouldnt do that again
    miss_nevin

Answer by miss_nevin at 4:11 PM on Mar. 15, 2009

• i would never go to his house or let my children be alone with him. He sounds like a pervert.
    Anonymous

• I had something similar happen to me with my ex's father. I told my ex about it and said that if it happened again (it happened twice) that I'd slap him. I'd never done that before, but this would be a first time! He hastily told his father, and there was never another incident.
    rhope4

Answer by rhope4 at 6:33 PM on Mar. 15, 2009

• My grandfather was a great man. He was 91 when he went to a nursing home. He got in trouble for grabbing the nurses aides while they were dressing him. I think these old men confuse kindness with something else. I know you're upset, and you have every right to be! But you need to discuss this with your DH and let him tell your father that his behavior is unacceptable. And if your FIL does this again, LOUDLY tell him that he is not to touch you this way. It is so common with men this age, that drive is the last thing to go according to the social worker that worked with my grandfather!  I'm so sorry this happened to you.

Austinsmom35

Answer by Austinsmom35 at 6:53 PM on Mar. 15, 2009

• Pewie. I would have confronted the old guy myself. I would have said what the heck is wrong with you? How far away do they live. Go over there and have a direct conversation with him. If he isn't willing to keep his hands to him self once you tell him then you out him. I would be frank and direct with him. Do not sweep it under the carpet. That is what he is counting on.
    mmmegan38

Answer by mmmegan38 at 11:00 PM on Mar. 15, 2009

• That is just sick.I would tell your husband.Especially since you have a teen age daughter.If you are not off limits, would she be too?Just something to think about.
    evelynwest

Answer by evelynwest at 1:16 PM on Mar. 16, 2009