why do people keep their curtains shut all day? or keep their curtains open at night?

are people who keep their shades or curtains closed anti social, paranoid, to lazy to open anything up? I know several kids who are living in houses with no outside veiw of the trees and sky, etc..
I also wonder why some people are oppisite, why wouldn't they want to close curtains at night? instead they are letting everyone who passes by a veiw inside their house, revealing valuables that can be stolen if the wrong person comes lurking by.
I am just curious......

wheresthewayout

Asked by wheresthewayout at 4:10 PM on Mar. 15, 2009 in Just for Fun

• That's how it is in the aparments i live in. My sister and I are neighbors in Alabama. Were the only ones who open our shades. No one else does. Then at night they do and we can see their whole apartment. I think it's weird in mich we lived in houses and everyone opened there shades and sat outside.
    Have3Girls114

Answer by Have3Girls114 at 4:14 PM on Mar. 15, 2009

• I keep mine closed in the living room cause my neighbors yard is trashy and they won't do anything about it!
    I like to open the windows though and let the breeze in when its nice.
    And I think its creppy to leave the curtins open at night.
    lstrickland

Answer by lstrickland at 4:19 PM on Mar. 15, 2009

• We keep the curtains facing onto the street closed. It leaves us free to walk around naked.
    Anonymous

• We keep them shut during the day cuz the sun comes in glaring and we cant see anything LOL.
    I also have a slight fear of people staring in at me so sometimes I keep them closed because of that.
    Other times they are wide open but we always close them when its dark, just habit.
    BonesDragonDew

Answer by BonesDragonDew at 4:24 PM on Mar. 15, 2009

• I keep mine closed because the houses here are so close that we can see everything the neighbors are doing and they can see us. Our front room is very close to the sidewalk and I don't like nosey people staring in our house every time they walk by. We have plenty windows on the 2nd floor that let light into the house, and if the kids want to see a tree or the sky they can go play outside.

I keep all our shades closed at night except for the windows in the stairway because I cannot reach them to put blinds or shades on them. I doubt any one wants to look in and watch our stairs anyway...how boring.

Maybe some people are disabled and can't open the blinds or they cannot close them if someone opened the blinds for them. That could be the case for some people, I don't want to judge because I don't know a person's situation.

anime_mom619

Answer by anime_mom619 at 4:30 PM on Mar. 15, 2009

• I love having my blinds open during the day, whether its sunny or raining. However, when my husband is home he wants them closed on the sunny days because he can't see the tv cause it glares too much. Sometimes I have them open in the bedrooms and forget to close them til we go to bed at night though.
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 4:40 PM on Mar. 15, 2009

• I open most of ours during the day (sometimes I forget in the morning and don't do it until I get home from work, then what's the point when it's almost dark out). My kitchen is always open. It faces the side of my neighbors house and they have no windows. We both have privacy fences and so noone can see in it. I leave it open since their is stuff on the window sill and I'm too lazy to move it everyday. The people who live behind me keep theirs closed all day, everyday. They are all young with children. I do find it odd that they never open them...I'd rather have natural light than turn on my lights and pay more for utilities!
    liltymesmom

Answer by liltymesmom at 4:40 PM on Mar. 15, 2009

• mine are always open durring the day. i live in a beautiful area, and i enjoy it. and at night, when it starts to get dark.. i close them.
    I also have a lot of kids, so when my S/O is outside with some of them, i can watch as well.
    Anonymous

• I keep mine closed in the day and open at night. Want to know why? CAUSE I CAN!!!!!!
    Anonymous

• I open mine during the day to let the light in, but I close them at night 'cause I don't want people looking in.
    ednakrabapple

Answer by ednakrabapple at 4:46 PM on Mar. 15, 2009