Insurance giant AIG to pay $165 million in bonuses

How can they pay out bonuses when they reported a damn loss? This really ticks me off.
I'm sorry but if they are asking for a damn bail out there should be NO bonuses! For that much too is fkn ridiculous!

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090315/ap_on_bi_ge/aig_bonuses

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:16 PM on Mar. 15, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• Absolutely ridiculous!!!! We should all be appalled at this bit of news. The bailouts were a joke and made fools out of the American people. I am not in favor of them and I think we should never have done it. If the giants fell, we still would have had the millions of small community banks that are doing well. This is just another slap in the face as far as I am concerned.
    foreverb3

Answer by foreverb3 at 4:45 PM on Mar. 15, 2009

• I agree 100%. They dropped the ball in passing the AIG bailout legislation, they really should have demanded more stipulations before handing over the cash. Simply appalling.
    stacymomof2

Answer by stacymomof2 at 4:32 PM on Mar. 15, 2009

• Because they are greedy assholes who need to serve some time in jail. WTF, Did they just get a bailout so that they can go back to their normal? I dont think so,BS.
    Anonymous

• You know, I could understand if the bonuses were being paid to people in lower middle management or lower. You worked hard, you met your goals, here's the bonus you earned. But no one in upper middle management or higher should see a dime! That's just awful! Screw up big time, almost put the company under, don't meet any targets or goals, and here - have a nice fat bonus.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 5:08 PM on Mar. 15, 2009

• Always nice to see my tax dollars at work........
    yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 5:30 PM on Mar. 15, 2009

• I agree with you Kaycee14 my husband would make about 33K per year without his bonuses but, he works his ass off trying to be #1 in his department and he has made bonus 10 out of 12 months a year for the last three years which jumps his income to 43K per year.... I would be pissed if my husband worked as hard as he does and he didn't get his bonus!!
    Anonymous