Was it too soon?

I am 3 days late on my period today, and last night i took a test and it was negetive.. do you think it was too soon to test? I am thinking maybe I should have waited until this morning to do it. I am thinking about re-doing the test on monday morning... will that be too soon to test?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:27 PM on Mar. 15, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• I always waited a week or 2 after I was supposed to start my AF and first thing in the morn.
    Anonymous

• well, this early you may have to wait for the first urine. but sometimes if you are under a lot of stress your cycle could be interrupted. i would take another test with your first morning's urine tomorrow. if it comes out negative, and you are still concerned call your dr. i promise you that no one on here can give you a definitive answer either way. only your doc can do that.
    alli286

Answer by alli286 at 4:29 PM on Mar. 15, 2009

• Thank you for you advice ladies, i appreciate it.
    Anonymous

• My period was 2 weeks late in January & I went thru probably 20 tests in that two weeks!! So my advice is, take one more with first morning urine, if it's still negative then wait at least another 48 hrs to retest (HCG levels double in 48 hrs). I was also told that it's normal to miss 1 period a year. If you still haven't started by next month, call your dr. Best of luck :]
    lizafur13

Answer by lizafur13 at 6:20 PM on Mar. 15, 2009

• oh wow, see i never knew you could miss one period a year... thanks!
    Anonymous