My son is 5 months and won't take a bottle. Any advice on how to get him to take a bottle?

He took the bottle from when he was born til about 3 months, but then i just solely breast fed him the last 2 months out of convenience. It is like he has unlearned the skill!

empalm

Asked by empalm at 4:37 PM on Mar. 15, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• He prefers the breast. Have someone other then you offer the bottle to him, and you stay away. Because if he knows you're around he won't take it.
    MomShawn70

Answer by MomShawn70 at 4:59 PM on Mar. 15, 2009

• My daughter used to do that, when I was weaning her off . I just continue to give her the bottle eventually she stop crying and take the bottle. I found out that she likes the brown nipple better than the clear ones. He just got use to be breast fed. They have nipples that resemble the shape of your nipples. Playtex make orthodentic nipples that resemble your nipples.
    Cassandre

Answer by Cassandre at 5:03 PM on Mar. 15, 2009

• they have nipples that are flat shapped they look really funny but my daughter would take only them when i went back to work. nuk makes them the only place i could find them was giant.
    letlovegrow

Answer by letlovegrow at 6:33 PM on Mar. 15, 2009