Would you let it go or ignore her?

I recently went to the hospital and had surgery. My sil who lives next door did not come to see me. She only called. When she got her nose job we sent her flowers and now she not only did not send anything , I don't care but she never came to see me. Mind you we are only a few feet away. How shold I treat her from now on?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:49 PM on Mar. 15, 2009 in Relationships

• It's obvious you do care, and that's ok....your feelings are hurt because you feel you care about her more than she cares for you. I wouldnt look to much into it, some people are just not the type to send flowers and come over....she may have thought you would of perferred she didnt' 'bug you' during this hard time. I'd continue to be her friend, and just re examine how close you two are.....
    Double.L

Answer by Double.L at 7:39 PM on Mar. 15, 2009

• treat her the same way she treats you thats what i would do and ive done it to my sis
    myangelelena

Answer by myangelelena at 4:54 PM on Mar. 15, 2009

• So don't k@@ her a@@? SHe is godmother to my son. So i dunno....
    Anonymous

• I probably wouldn't give her a pounding. If you feel up to it, talk to her and tell her how you feel. If not I guess you could treat her with the same respect she has shown you, or you could be the bigger person and just ignore it. But from the a@$ kicker in me...it is a tough call!
    apattinson

Answer by apattinson at 5:06 PM on Mar. 15, 2009

• Some people are very very uncomfortable with medical issues, or being in hospitals, etc.. Don't always expect everyone to react to a situation the same way you do. You shouldn't "expect" flowers or a visit just because you did it. Treat her the same way you always have - I mean, at least she called!
    dragonfly7271

Answer by dragonfly7271 at 5:30 PM on Mar. 15, 2009

• Yeah,but I have to always big the bigger persona nd send flowers and make a visit and of course she gets away with a call. I guess I am too nice and expect the same maybe if I treat her not like aprincess and treat her the same she treats me like a neighbor not a sil , i will feel better.
    Anonymous

• I think you should let it go. You are recovering from surgery (and with all reason to be)may be a bit emotional. She called to check on you which is a nice thing to do. Yes you went above and beyond by sending gifts but a gift is something you give without expecting anything in return. This lady is your SIL so you will have her in your life for a very long time. What good is it to start a tiff over how grand her gesture was (or wasnt) towards you after surgery? I think if it is your nature to be a kind person and treat her a little better than she treats you, then you should stick with that.. who knows.. it may rub off on her. Feel better soon!

Tzutchka

Answer by Tzutchka at 7:09 PM on Mar. 15, 2009

• jokingly ask why she didnt come see you. maybe theres a good reason?
    Anonymous