My daughter is 8 months and still has no teeth.Im i just impatient or shouldnt she have 2 teeth by now

Tweetybird5595

Asked by Tweetybird5595 at 4:54 PM on Mar. 15, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• My dd is 9 months and still no teeth. I think it is a good thing though. Now I don't have to worry about the formula and getting cavities and have to but new nipples for her bottles. So I wouldn't really worry about it. And when they get teeth it hurts much more when they bite.
    theosgirl45

Answer by theosgirl45 at 5:54 PM on Mar. 15, 2009

• my son didnt get teeth until he was 9 months
    aliciatron

Answer by aliciatron at 4:56 PM on Mar. 15, 2009

• My daughter is also 8m old with no teeth. It's normal my niece got her first at ten months. My other daughters got them earliar. Now that you mention it watch her grow a tooth. LOL It seems like every time i mention something it happens.
    Have3Girls114

Answer by Have3Girls114 at 4:57 PM on Mar. 15, 2009

• Teeth come in at different times for different kids. Mine only had the two bottom teeth at a year old.
    MomShawn70

Answer by MomShawn70 at 4:58 PM on Mar. 15, 2009

• Nope, she's fine. I know of other kids not getting any teeth until after the age of one.
    bluiidmommy

Answer by bluiidmommy at 4:58 PM on Mar. 15, 2009

• My boys got teeth aroung 6 or 7 months old, and then my daughter didn't get any untill she was almost 10 months, she got her bottom 2 at 10 months, and her top to on her b-day. Then went another 4 months before she started to get anymore but has gotten 8 since then, she is 18 months now. I freaked at first thinking she was skipping them (my dh has a gap in his teeth due to a tooth never coming in)but her Dr just said to keep waiting. Don't worry to much, it will happen!
    AK_aries

Answer by AK_aries at 4:58 PM on Mar. 15, 2009

• No worries, the longer they stay in there the better.
    prettyrayray

Answer by prettyrayray at 5:01 PM on Mar. 15, 2009

• kids sre all so different. I know a baby that didn't get any teeth att all until she was about 14 months old. my 1st born had teeth at 4 months. they each got teeth when it was their time.
    Kiter

Answer by Kiter at 5:10 PM on Mar. 15, 2009

• Thank you guys so much for the answers. I must be just impatient. I want her to meet her milestones but i dont want her to grow up to fast.
    Tweetybird5595

Answer by Tweetybird5595 at 5:17 PM on Mar. 15, 2009

• I have several friends whose kids got first teeth after the 1st bday. Mine had a mouthful by then. I have heard that the later they come in, the stronger they are (may not be true, IDK). However, I liked mine being able to eat food by then... it was nice.
    3gymnastsmom

Answer by 3gymnastsmom at 6:27 PM on Mar. 15, 2009