How much does it cost to have a wedding in a hotel?

I'm planning my wedding and checking prices. None of the sites will tell you the actual cost and when I call they give me the run around. Where did you have your wedding?

mama28th

Asked by mama28th at 5:00 PM on Mar. 15, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I looked at ahotel for uors and it was rather expensive, to much so for our budget. But if you have the money to spend you really got alot for the money, clean up and set up and catering all that, so you wouldnt have much to worry about. I don't remember actual costs, and it is probaby different in your area anyway, but most of the ones I looked at had the prices on their website, or you can call and talk to anyone about renting the banquett room, they will have all the prices you need too.
    AK_aries

Answer by AK_aries at 5:03 PM on Mar. 15, 2009

• I don't know what to tell you. I know that there is a bed and breakfast/theater that has a website where I live that gives you pricing. I think it was 500 downpayent and then 500 right beofre the wedding. They supply the food,linens and such. Very Beautiful place, right allow a creek in the woods.
    Anonymous

• We had ours at a wedding. There were different packages that you could pick and everything was based on the amount of people. You could get away with anywhere from $60 per person to $110 per person depending on what foods you wanted to offer in what kind of a package. The cheapest package offered bottom shelf liquor and domestic beer at the bar and had less fancy dinners. The second level offered mid level liquors (Like Absolut Vodka for example). Then there was a pricey package with fancy dinners and top shelf premium liquor. All of the packages included the cake as well so that was another expense tied in that we didn't have to worry about.

The real key for keeping costs down is keeping control of your guest list. Everything in wedding planing is based on a per head cost.
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 5:39 PM on Mar. 15, 2009

• HAHA!!! I just read my answer "We had our at a wedding" I am so dumb today! We had ours at a HOTEL. Sorry for the dumbness.
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 5:40 PM on Mar. 15, 2009

• We had ours at a hotel and got an awesome deal, I think. It was $33/person, based on the meals we chose. It also included the reception room, tables, linens, the cake -- everything. It included a suite for me and my husband that night, so at the end of the party, we just had to go upstairs. It was a nice hotel too with a beautiful fountain out front. We got some great pictures! It was the Sheraton near where we lived, maybe check them out. Of course, this was in 1998, so I'm sure they've changed a few things.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 9:19 PM on Mar. 15, 2009