How much can you breast pump each day?.

I am going to breast feed, but also switch over to bottle feed, with breast milk. I am looking at some breast pumps on ebay and there all with small bottles, can you get some with larger bottles?.

Also, how often can you pump your breasts for milk in the day-time, and store them? Thanks so much!!!!

Mrsdenick28

Asked by Mrsdenick28 at 5:03 PM on Mar. 15, 2009 in Pregnancy

• It depends on how much your body makes. Breast milk is a supply and demand thing, the more the baby eats or you pump the more your body will make. You will be really engorged when your milk first comes in, and during that time I would pump untill you are empty after every feeding, but make sure you feed the baby first. Also most pumps are sold with the small bottles but will attach to bigger ones of the same brand. I loved my pump, I had an avent, and it took up to their 9 oz bottles, but you had to buy them seperately. I would also sugest that you pump into a freezer bag if you plan on storing it. And only store 2-3 oz. at a time in 1 bag, if you need another bag, go ahead,mut only freeze that much in one bag. That way if your baby doesn't need mpore than a little you dont have to thaw more than you need and won't waste as much. Good luck.
    AK_aries

Answer by AK_aries at 5:14 PM on Mar. 15, 2009

• you can pump as much as you want but the more you pump the more milk will come so try to be careful cuz if you have alot of milk and it doesnt come out it will make you dry up a lil and buying pump off ebay just make sure their new k and i believe you can store bmilk in the frigde for bout two days you can store fresh milk room temp 4 hours, cooler bag up to 6 hour , frigde 5-7 days freezer 3-4 month , deep freezer 6-12 months thawed b milk dont store or refreezebesides frigde for 24 hours
    myangelelena

Answer by myangelelena at 5:14 PM on Mar. 15, 2009

• It is easier to pump into a bag if you are going to store it.
    If you start before your supply is established, then you can really mess up your supply and end up with nothing. I would only pump when we were on the road (starting at about 6 week... once a month) I could get anywhere from 2 oz from each side in the beginning to up to 8 oz each side.
    Anonymous