I want to induce, Any new ideas?

I'm 37w 4d, my c/s is in 12 days and I'll be 39w 2d. I want this baby out now b/c I know she is okay and after having a stillborn, I just want it to happen now. I can't wait another 12 days!! It's making me crazy.....
Any suggestions, bouncing on a ball?? I've tried sex and walking.
If you don't agree with me trying to induce, then don't comment b/c you probably don't know what I've gone through and I ahve my own reasons. Thanks

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:13 PM on Mar. 15, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Sex worked for me......but remember if your body is not ready you can't do anything to speed it along.
    Carajust

Answer by Carajust at 5:16 PM on Mar. 15, 2009

• http://pregnancy.lovetoknow.com/wiki/Self_Induction_of_Labor

http://pregnancy.about.com/cs/inductionoflabor/a/induction_2.htm

http://www.maternitycorner.com/mcmag/articles/preg0007.html

I used evening primrose oil to prep my cervix, but that is it.
    Anonymous

• Have you talked to your doctor about this? History of previous stillborn is a perfectly acceptable qualification for you to have a medical induction (if you want one). Your doctor may be willing to do it so I would ask.

As for natural induction...nipple stimulation, sex, orgasm, long walks, spicy foods...there are a lot of ways that can help you go into labor or speed labor up. However, no one way is fool-proof or works 100% of the time. Most babies come when they want to. If you're that nervous about it (and I would be too), I'd talk to your doctor about being medically induced. That way you and your baby could be monitored the entire time in the hospital.
    NovemberLove

Answer by NovemberLove at 6:02 PM on Mar. 15, 2009

• I would not suggerst nipple stimulation as NovemberLove stated. In LaMaze, we learned about nipple stimulation as an induction technique and were told that it can bring on contractions very severe suddenly that it's not best to do it unless you're in the hospital being monitored. My husband and I did it in the hospital because they were pressuring us for hours to start pitocin, and I almost had to get a c-section because my son's heart rate started going down. Unless you're under the supervision of a doctor or nurse who's familiar with nipple stimulation (I wasn't, but they said go for it) it's risky.
    Sex, both your husband's sperm and your orgasms, can help put you into labor and walking. I spent a ton of time on my birth ball as well the days preceding my son's birth.
    If you want pitocin or other drugs to induce, they'd be more than happy to give them to you, I'm sure.
    MicahsMom612

Answer by MicahsMom612 at 6:17 PM on Mar. 15, 2009

• Well, like I said, I'm having a c/s in 12 days anyways... so I'm not worried about having a c/s. I just want this to happen
    Anonymous

• i agree having to deal with it i know how scared you are after all what i have been through in my pregnancy and loosing to babies before it scares me still being 31 weeks and 5 days along i still have a long ways to go and i don't know what is going to happen. i have been in and out of the hospital and i still am scared about loosing my baby.

i would be doing the same thing you are.. wish i was farther so i don't have to wait so long with worrying about loosing this one to.
    Anonymous

• They said eat watermelow.
    yoshiki56

Answer by yoshiki56 at 6:47 PM on Mar. 15, 2009

• well it all depends on what your reason was for your previous c-section...sometimes women shouldn't try to induce to go into labor before their c-sections.

about a few weeks ago, on the news, there was a study that said, if your baby is a repeat c-section, it should not be scheduled before 39 weeks, even 2 days before that can cause respiratory problems to the baby.

i know you want your baby out, we all do at some point. you're seriously almost there, the longer your baby stays in there, the healthier, the stronger and the better.

you can google up ways to naturally induce yourself...of course it's up to you. I just thought I'd inform you of that news tid-bit. Good luck!
    GreekMama28

Answer by GreekMama28 at 9:12 PM on Mar. 15, 2009