What if I don't want to have sex with my other half? Im pregnant with no desire...

Im four months pregnant and i have no desire to be sexual in any way. My fiance won't get it through his thick skull that i don't want it. Im afraid that i may push him to cheat. I say that because i notice him getting angry and just going to sleep after i tell him no. I feel no connection with him at all because since I've been pregnant he doesn't hug me and has no desire to learn about our growing child. Am I wrong in any way? What should I do? Please help...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:16 PM on Mar. 15, 2009 in Pregnancy

• No, it's normal and he should understand. You can't "push" him to cheat just b/c you don't want sex. If he can not wait then he is NOT worth it. If he CHEATS b/c his PREGNANT g/f doesn't want sex, then he is a waste of time! Pregnant with his baby or not, a man needs to be compassionate during the ups AND downs of a relationship. It is not your fault if he cheats.... you are better off without him in that case. Anyways, I would try talking to him about it. I don't believe in just havin sex for him, it has to be both wanting it and there has to be that emotional connection. I mean, I'm 37w and I don't always want sex, I do it to help labor... haha but I love the connection with my Husband either way and he is really understanding and patient. Just talk about it, a relationship isnt built on sex! ;o)
    AshJoe05

Answer by AshJoe05 at 5:22 PM on Mar. 15, 2009

• You're not wrong for not wanting it... are there other ways you two can be intimate? If you're just not feeling romantic/sexy don't force yourself to do it just to make sure he's satisfied... talk to him and ask him if there are other things you can do together to keep things romantic and exciting that don't involve the horizontal hokey pokey...
    Amanda_Jeanne

Answer by Amanda_Jeanne at 5:24 PM on Mar. 15, 2009

• Thanx for the responses ladies...

It's just that, i know that some women loose the desire during this time and don't get me wrong i want it sometimes... but when he gets mad when he doesn't get it, its like a total turn off. he acts like a bitch and catches and attitude. So now it's like a turn off every time I see him. I feel like this pregnancy has made us two different people. and I hope that he is man enough to stick trough it and know that things will go back to normal in a few months...
    Anonymous

• Hunnie, you are having a baby. Things will NEVER go back to normal. ;o) It takes a good relationship to happily get through parenting! Good luck, you need to work on it now... during pregnancy. Think about that. When baby comes there will be more stress and you still may not want sex often and what about those 6 weeks of NO sex?
    AshJoe05

Answer by AshJoe05 at 5:33 PM on Mar. 15, 2009

• Damn... lol
    Anonymous

• Good response Anon. lol
    AshJoe05

Answer by AshJoe05 at 5:59 PM on Mar. 15, 2009

• It takes a really good relationship to get through pregnancy!! and yes you can push someone to cheat!! Im sure you never sat down before hand and said ok are you prepared to go this whole time without getting any?? He probably didnt expect it!! I also didnt want sex with this last prengnacy and I gave it to him on a regular basis anyway because i didnt want to risk him going elsewhere!! Sex is a big deal to men and its something some cannot go without and really shouldnt have to unless its a medical reason and your childs in danger from it!!
    scaredmommy08

Answer by scaredmommy08 at 6:02 PM on Mar. 15, 2009

• I am the same way sometimes I am so freaking horny and there are times I am disgusted by "it" He complains and complains sometimes I feel so sorry for him I just do it anyway. I have no idea why these men don't understand. When I tell him about my hormones and pregnancy. He say Im just using it as a excuse. But even when were ttc I didnt want it all the time I just did it cause I didnt want to miss my chance on getting pregnant.
    Anonymous

• scaredmommy- No, A good man would not be pushed to cheat b/c thier PREGNANT partner doesn't want sex. Thats just silly. There are still good men left......
    AshJoe05

Answer by AshJoe05 at 6:19 PM on Mar. 15, 2009