Is it okay to use 1 can of formula and switch?

I have a can of similac but WIC gives Good start, I'll have 1 week that I would have to use the similac until my appointment. Is this okay?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:17 PM on Mar. 15, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• It should be fine, but when you do switch keep in mind there MIGHT be some stomach upset. It will take about one week for the old formula to be out of the baby's system and another week until you know what the baby's reaction might be (if there is one).
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 5:22 PM on Mar. 15, 2009

• When I switched formula with my daughter, we did half and half for about a week, to wean her off the old formula and all.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 5:22 PM on Mar. 15, 2009

• Since you won't be able to wean from one to the other by doing half and half, you should be ready for a gassy baby! That's really all that happened with my son. And watch for diarrhea too, or constipation. If baby seems ok after about a week on the new stuff your good to go! Just watch out for any serious reactions that could be an allergy..prob won't happen but just be aware.
    Anonymous

• My poor son has gotten different kinds of formula without notice and he has done just fine. We were traveling, so I bought Enfimal single packs, then when I started breastfeeding less, I bought Kirkland at Costco and when I needed more and couldn't make it to Costco, I bought MOM-to-MOM brand (safeway/vons) and now that I am on WIC he gets similac
    Anonymous