ultrasound....

ok so i had an ultrasound at 14 weeks and the ultasound tec refused to say wether he knew the sex or not he just kept saying its a baby.. well dont you think if he seen something between the legs he would have just said its a boy?? or do you think he wouldnt have said anything either way.. im just thinking that maybe he definantly didnt see anything so he didnt want to be wrong. so maybe just maybe this baby is a girl!! but we will see in two weeks? what do you think

aubreyluv

Asked by aubreyluv at 5:18 PM on Mar. 15, 2009 in Pregnancy

• In my experience 14 weeks is way to early to tell the sex, even when I was having my boys they couldn't see anything till a few weeks later. I would wait to find out for sure.
    AK_aries

Answer by AK_aries at 5:20 PM on Mar. 15, 2009

• You never know, he may have seen what he thought was "boy parts" but didn't want to give a definite answer cuz it could have been umbilical cord too... you don't want to get your hopes up too early and end up with the opposite sex! Just be patient (as hard as that sounds) then you'll know for sure what your little one is!
    Amanda_Jeanne

Answer by Amanda_Jeanne at 5:21 PM on Mar. 15, 2009

• Did you tell him you wanted to know? Some people don't, so they don't give it away unless asked.
    halfpint_ny

Answer by halfpint_ny at 5:22 PM on Mar. 15, 2009

• You cant REALLY tell for sure at 14 weeks, even at 18-20 there are mistakes. So he didnt want to tell you b/c it's too early to even give you that 80%.
    AshJoe05

Answer by AshJoe05 at 5:24 PM on Mar. 15, 2009

• Most techs won't tell you before 18 weeks because it is hard to tell and they don't want to be wrong.
    Like AshJoe05 said, even at 18 weeks they can be wrong.
    Anonymous

• I had one done at 16weeks and was able to see a little bit that it was a boy and checked again at 19weeks and was better pics and was still a boy. I only had early ultrasounds because of a hemmorhage I used to have and had lots of ultrasounds every 2 weeks.
    Anonymous

• I think he just didn't want to say. That doesn't necessarily mean he didn't see anything..so it's a girl. Some won't tell you that early.

I was able to see at 12 weeks during my nuchal that I had boys. There was NO doubt about it! But, I didn't start buying any "blue" until they came out and we knew for SURE. lol
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 6:12 PM on Mar. 15, 2009

• That would make me mad, I have never had a doctor REFUSE to tell me what he/she thought it was if I asked, and I think that was just rude. I don't know why he wouldn't tell you, my doctor told me at 12 weeks that she was 100% sure it was a boy, but just for safe measure, it would be confirmed at 20 weeks..but still she shared her thoughts with me. I think the way you worded it sounds like he was upset that you even wanted to know what the sex of the baby was..."the ultasound tec refused to say wether he knew the sex or not he just kept saying its a baby" Strange..
    SandraB383

Answer by SandraB383 at 6:43 PM on Mar. 15, 2009

• well it was in the e r so i can understand why he didnt feel the need to tell me the sex but when my mom would ask what he thought he would just say i think its a baby. he said thats how people get sued is by telling people the sexes of the baby that early
    aubreyluv

Answer by aubreyluv at 8:22 PM on Mar. 15, 2009