MY HAIR'S FALLING OUT AND I'M ONLY 22

has anyone had to battle hair loss? i don't mean hair falling out in the shower type falling out, my hair line is thinning so bad and i'm scared. i stoped putting my hair up and i'm just leaving it down, if i do put it up i use a clip.

anyways, i went to the dermatologists and she said to try using rogaine if that don't work she will do blood work. she also said for me to make sure to take my vitamins as well.

i feel like im the only one going through this. it's embarrassing and makes me VERY VERY insecure!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:19 PM on Mar. 15, 2009 in Health

• I'm dealing with it as well, I'm 20. It's hereditary with me though, both of my parents are thinning/going bald. It's quite depressing, yanno? I still have a lot of hair, and I know I'm the only one that notices it...but it still gets me down. I take vitamins every single day. Stress can play a huge role in hair loss as well. I hate that I still put my hair up in a ponytail every day, but I have a three month old daughter and I don't like my hair getting everywhere. I'm also losing a lot more due to post-partum hormones and such.

*sigh* That felt good to get out. Know that you're not alone, though. Not a lot of people talk about it.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 5:21 PM on Mar. 15, 2009

• Go to the dr and ask if you could have alopecia areata it causes your hair to go thin may even cause bald spots my mom has it and has to get shots in her head and use rogain to get it to grow back its also hereditary
    aubrees_mommie

Answer by aubrees_mommie at 5:47 PM on Mar. 15, 2009

• Did you have a baby a few months ago? I lost tons and tons of hair everyday after having my son that I wasn't sure if I'd have any left!
    MicahsMom612

Answer by MicahsMom612 at 6:08 PM on Mar. 15, 2009

• Stress can also cause you to loss hair.
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 7:23 PM on Mar. 15, 2009

• I am 22 too and losing my hair too, My cousin said at first it could of been having Georgia and the hormones, but she is almost 9 mths old, and it also could be from losing my father over a year ago and I was pregnant with Georgia and I did everything in my power not to deal with it because I was not going to lose her, and I still have not dealt with it, so I could be taking a toll on my body. Let me know what she says about the blood work!! STephanie
    Codysmommy639

Answer by Codysmommy639 at 7:35 PM on Mar. 15, 2009

• Stress can cause this. I had thinning and noticed my hair coming out after my third child. I began to take some really good vitamin (not all vitamins are equal) Nutrition is important. Also some shampoos will cause hair to fall out. you can message me for specifics.

Mary
    jmcan

Answer by jmcan at 9:38 PM on Mar. 15, 2009

• Get your thyroid checked (haha I always say that)..Severe hair loss is a symptom of hyperthyroidism.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 1:01 AM on Mar. 16, 2009