STD

How does CDC operate? When a person with multiple partners test positive for an STD.How are the other possible infected persons contacted? Please as many details as you can provide here. I think my dh has been infected and hiding secrets from me. I'm scared for not knowing and scared to learn I too may be infected.Hate this being in the dark.Do we get letters,phone calls.?what to expect for all involved.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:22 PM on Mar. 15, 2009 in Health

• Unfortunatly, they are not always contacted. If it isn't AIDS they aren't legally required to from what I understand. If you really need to know get checked yourself and tell a doctor your concern, also have him tested. The only way you could really find out for sure is making it happen yourself.
    Steff107

Answer by Steff107 at 6:21 PM on Mar. 15, 2009

• Not the doctor your husband!lol
    Steff107

Answer by Steff107 at 6:22 PM on Mar. 15, 2009

• The CDC worries more about an infected person working in a restarant, or around food and kids...to my knowledge they dont contact anyone about an STD...how would they ever know who to contact. I do belive that if you are sick with AIDS or HEp C they keep closer tabs on you as a person. I would say contact the CDC and a doctor
    CookieMama

Answer by CookieMama at 8:13 PM on Mar. 15, 2009

• im not sure about what your asking, but i do know that if your husband has an std and knows about it, he can get into trouble for not telling you and giving it to you. hes supposed to tell EVERYONE he has sex with. IF he knows about it ofcourse.
    good luck hun
    Anonymous

• I just found out I had genital herpes - I have been faithful and had no reason to think DH wasn't, and we've been together 10 years. My Dr said it can be transferred from oral to genital AND a person can have it for many years and not know b/c the symptoms can be very mild in women and men can have no symptoms. Also, b/c you may not know, there is no way to affirmatively track who may have passed it on to you. My advice is that if you think he is cheating and you may be infected with something, GO GET IT CHECKED!!!! Also, I think if you are required to contact someone, it is usually a letter, but there is no real way to make sure you have the correct address, so sometimes it gets lost in the mail.......
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:26 AM on Mar. 18, 2009