anyone dealing with their kids evil stepmother?

my kids stepmother is jealous of my kids spending time with their dad and she thinks it is alright for her to live in the same house as her husband and her gay ex husband she is really verbal abusive to my kids and my ex is not allowed to spend alone time with his 3 kids

heavenlypeace

Asked by heavenlypeace at 5:32 PM on Mar. 15, 2009 in General Parenting

• Wow...well I was already to jump you because of the generalizing of step mom's. I am so sorry that you are having to deal with this but in my opinion it is your ex's fault. He should be standing up for HIS relationship with his children. He is not being much of a dad (or a role model) letting her tell him how it is going to be with his kids. Please don't think all step moms are evil though. Cause not all of us are.
    angelwings63050

Answer by angelwings63050 at 5:42 PM on Mar. 15, 2009

• I used to deal with it until I moved to Texas. She doesn't want my ex to spend the money to come to Tx (an hour drive) to get his son. My ex is too stupid to stand on his own 2 feet. But it is ok. We (my son and I) don't have to hear her degrade me anymore. (she would try to fight or name call when they would come get him for visitation). I will continue to pick up the pieces of my son's broken heart. In the end, my ex will be old and lonely when my son won't want to see him when he is an adult.
    Dani32

Answer by Dani32 at 5:45 PM on Mar. 15, 2009

• No, sorry to hear you are going through this though. I'm a Step Mom and I love my SS like he's mine we ahve a great relationship and family life, so it is very aggravating to hear other SM's acting so immaturely, because as a SM we all suffer for the ones that act that way. If she is placing your children in unsafe situation or behaving abusively towards them you can file throug the court a petition that she not be allowed around your children while they are visiting with thier father.
    Anonymous

• Alas, I'm in a similar boat with the "evil" step-mom, though thankfully she's only abusive and disrespectful to me and not my son, so for the most part, he's unaware of our disagreements. I am concerned about what she says about me to my son, but he knows who is mom is. Unfortunately, she's set herself up to be "mom" to my son since before he was even born and way before she married his father (her divorce wasn't finalized until my son was almost 1), and his father supports her 100%.
    JPsMommy605

Answer by JPsMommy605 at 10:43 PM on Mar. 15, 2009

• Remember--at one time the man loved that woman enough to have sex with her!!!!!!! Or to marry her!!!!!! Soooooo perhaps you should place the blame where it needs to be--on the wimpy man who fathered the kids!!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:42 AM on Mar. 16, 2009

• Eh - I deal with my daughters evil BM if that counts???

Anyways, I have a terrible taste in my mouth from the SM generalization.

Aside from that, some parents are crappy. When you're separated or divorced, sadly, barring things like abuse, lice, and surgery, you have littele say in what goes on in the other parents' home. The best thing to do is help your child cope with whatever comes (Because let's face it life is not always going to be good when they're adults either) and not try to change her or him, usuallly that just creates more issues for the kid with a trickle down effect.

But what do you mean by "really verbally abusive"? Because everything I thought was abuse, apparantly isn't (well mental, the physical even cps couldn't deny)
    Praying

Answer by Praying at 1:59 AM on Mar. 16, 2009

• Anon 1242

It would be wonderful if people only had sex with those they were married to and/ or loved, but many children are products of loveless relationships, depressions, and one night stands. Maybe he was just drunk enough to sleep with her.

Not all children are born out of love, but that does not mean all children don't deserve to BE loved.
    Praying

Answer by Praying at 2:00 AM on Mar. 16, 2009

• An "evil step mother" is only as evil as her husband will allow.

"It would be wonderful if people only had sex with those they were married to and/ or loved, but many children are products of loveless relationships, depressions, and one night stands."

Sad fact isn't it?
    PROGENITOR

Answer by PROGENITOR at 4:38 PM on Mar. 16, 2009