i want to start potty training my 2 yr old son?

everytime my oldest son goes to the bathroom to go pee my youngest follows his big brother into the bathroom and watches my oldest go to the bathroom. My question is how can i get him to start going pee in his little potty chair? i'm not sure if he's ready or not. With my oldest son he was fully potty trained by the age 2.

M.H.J.CMama0407

Asked by M.H.J.CMama0407 at 5:36 PM on Mar. 15, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• My son is almost 3 and still refuses to use his potty, even though all signs point to him wanting to train. I can't even get him to wear pull-ups or underwear. Good luck with your son.
    jazztastic

Answer by jazztastic at 6:16 PM on Mar. 15, 2009

• Each child is different. I think you ought to start this summer. Let's him run nude in the private backyard in a hot day, plenty of fluid and potty chair handy. I will start by sitting him down every 30 mins. Yes, they do have to go every 30 minutes
    yoshiki56

Answer by yoshiki56 at 6:37 PM on Mar. 15, 2009

• My son Cody loves to flush the toliet and loves to wipe him self with Toliet Paper, but will he set long enough to go potty, I have got him to go a couple times and he hates his big boy underwear will cry and cry and go and get you a diaper...Just keep asking him if he needs to use the bathroom one day it will click with him and Cody is two too
    Codysmommy639

Answer by Codysmommy639 at 7:24 PM on Mar. 15, 2009

• My son potty trained with his dad over the toilet, there is nothing wrong with him going with his brother, he's comfortable with it , look at it like this, he's not going in his clothes and by the time he's ready for school you and him both will b ok lol.
    threetimesaroun

Answer by threetimesaroun at 7:32 PM on Mar. 15, 2009

• My oldest boy just turned 3 in Jan. and he is just now really good at going potty. I started him at 2 though. I would let him "water the grass" and i took him on a special trip to the store to pick out his own big boy underwear. Give it a try. PS neither of my boys liked the kid's potty chair, they would rather use a reg. potty.
    Cyndi310

Answer by Cyndi310 at 10:05 PM on Mar. 16, 2009