Wii... is it really a good source of exercise?

I have heard lots of people talk about it, but is it really a good source of exercise?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:37 PM on Mar. 15, 2009 in Just for Fun

• It's not going to give you the same workout that you'd be getting if you were out actually doing the stuff. My husband's muscles are so sore when he comes home from a day of snowboarding, for example, but has done the snowboarding on the Wii and didn't have sore muscles.
    It's much better to get out and do things than stand in front of the tv pretending to be doing those things, but most Americans will tell you the Wii is just as good because they're too lazy to do the real thing. Using the Wii is better than sitting in front of the tv, so at least we've made some improvement as a nation.
    MicahsMom612

Answer by MicahsMom612 at 6:01 PM on Mar. 15, 2009

• the wii fit is....
    JuLiAnSmOmMy317

Answer by JuLiAnSmOmMy317 at 5:41 PM on Mar. 15, 2009

• The Wii fit is, but like anything else you have to keep it up.
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 5:42 PM on Mar. 15, 2009

• Totally! I have Wii fit and it's great. Honestly though....Wii boxing wears me out. I need to work out more...LOL
    TessaBianca

Answer by TessaBianca at 5:48 PM on Mar. 15, 2009

• I love my WII Fit. It is like anything else though , you only get out what you put into it.
    MACY7108

Answer by MACY7108 at 5:49 PM on Mar. 15, 2009

• Yes, Wii would like to play!
    My family loves the Wii. I was surprised at how my daughter worked up a sweat with just the boxing game! So far we mostly have sports games like boxing, tennis, bowling, etc, and one pokemon game. In the box there is only one remote. I got an extra remote when I got Wii Play. I got it not just for the exercise but for the bonding experience between my kids and myself.

saltycoqui

Answer by saltycoqui at 5:55 PM on Mar. 15, 2009

• I don't have one, but my friend just told me she is getting Wii Fit for her Wii because her aunt has lost 20 pounds since January using it =]
    SandraB383

Answer by SandraB383 at 6:32 PM on Mar. 15, 2009