How much childhood memorbilia do you reasonably keep? My daughters do dance and we get 3 or more costumes a year. How many do we save for our future grandkids?

Barriemom

Asked by Barriemom at 5:41 PM on Mar. 15, 2009 in Teens (13-17)

• I think it would be cute to save as many as you can. :)
    mama.love.

Answer by mama.love. at 5:43 PM on Mar. 15, 2009

• Ditto, as many as you can. You don't want to become a warehouse, necessarily, but you don't know how many daughters your own daughters will end up having some day and might want to play dress-up with those things :-)
    NovemberLove

Answer by NovemberLove at 5:48 PM on Mar. 15, 2009

• Dress up is soooo fun. Do you have an attic where they can be stored? I would save as many as I could...not too mention for Halloween. I feel your pain though. Art work for 5 kids builds up around our house. I can only keep so much!
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 1:05 PM on Mar. 16, 2009

• save as many as you can. My mom did and I loved playing with them. When your children are at a reasonable age and move out of the house, they can decide what to do with them. I threw out the ugly ones and kept my favorite tutus! :)
    Glowing4Caleb

Answer by Glowing4Caleb at 5:05 PM on Mar. 16, 2009

• I was in dance for years and I'd play with the costumes and not get rid of them- only two costumes are left for my kids to play with but they do use them... I don't suggest storing and keeping them locked up- let the kiddies play with them and IF they stay in decent condition you can store them for their kids... but it's not a huge deal-
    However if I had had a solo or something like that I would probably save that costume, that would be a little more special- then again one solo leads to others and you may end up with a closet full of solo costumes too...

I also kept a hat from marching band...hehe..dorkiest things ever but I love it
    LuckyClown

Answer by LuckyClown at 5:59 PM on Mar. 16, 2009