QUESTION FOR MOMS WHO HAVE SECTION 8?

I HAVE SECTION 8 AND I WANT MY B OYFRIEND TO COME AND LIVE WITH ME WHEN HE COMES HOME FROM JAIL. WILL PAROLE AND SECTION 8 HAVE ANY CONNECTION TO ONE ANOTHER? AREN'T THEY TWO SEPERATE DEPARTMENTS?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:01 PM on Mar. 15, 2009 in Money & Work

• yes the jail needs confirmation of the adress and section 8 has rules about who can live under their rule
    wheresthewayout

Answer by wheresthewayout at 6:04 PM on Mar. 15, 2009

• Yes they are, but you might want to think TWICE about letting him come and live with you. If section 8 finds out that he is there without approval you COULD be kicked off of section 8. Look and read the info that they gave you. You could go in and talk to your case worker and let them know the situation and they might or might not let him move in. But I would go in and talk to them instead of letting him just move in.
    Anonymous

• SuRe He CaN lIvE wIt YoU. But hey since he done been in jail... just make sure after ya'll do da dirty that you stand on ya head to prevent pregnancy. If all else fails, just come on here and we'll tell ya if ya preggo or not. Food stamps does pay for pregnancy tests I believe too....
    Anonymous

• I think you need to make better choices in men.
    Anonymous

• I'm not going to judge (much lol - kidding)
    Both my husband and I have worked for housing. He cannot live with you in the crime is a federal offence.

Assuming the crime was not a federal offence you will not get away with it for long. If you live in the housing authority or an apartment building there are busy bodies always in your business, some one will spill the beans. You must have an inspection once if not twice a year. His parole officer has the right to make spot inspections, meaning he is just going to drop by any time he wants and walk right in and there is NOTHING you can do about that. If your boy friend is on the lease then his income is added to yours. You may no longer qualify for section 8, you will have another able body there that should be working so your rent will go up.
    Works4Mom.com

Answer by Works4Mom.com at 9:00 PM on Mar. 15, 2009

• You can’t say “Oh he just stayed the night” because on section 8 you can only have overnight visitors so many times a month, if you go beyond that they are considered residents. Try it and you’ll lose your section 8, you’ll be out on the street and once you lost it you can’t get it back. Plus, you can face federal fraud charges – you could go to jail.

Tell your boy friend to go live with his mother, get a job and if he loves you buy a home for you and your children. If he does all that MARRY HIM!
    Works4Mom.com

• He cannot live with you. My brothers ex lost her section 8 because of her boyfriend living with her. I reported her but they would have caught her eventually. He was working a great job so they did not need help anyway he makes 100k a year. I would have him live with his mom you don't need a guy like that around your kids until he has proved he can make it out of jail anyway. Make his sorry butt get a job and keep his nose clean then together you both work and get off assistance.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:57 AM on Mar. 16, 2009

• Wow. Please,I hope this is fake
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:24 AM on Mar. 16, 2009