how often do you rearrange your furniture (bedroom, kids' rooms, living room, other)?

I just moved our couch to a new location. I usually do our living room 2-3 times a year (would be more often, but limited arrangements). Bedroom is in it's 2nd position in 4 yrs. and the kids' rooms, all the time! I get bored of the same look and am always looking to change things up a bit. What about you?

liltymesmom

Asked by liltymesmom at 6:05 PM on Mar. 15, 2009 in Home & Garden

• Never But, I do think it is funny when my daughters does it.
    When I first move in, I see the room I put the furniture down the best way I think it should be and it stays that way tell we move again.
    gammie

Answer by gammie at 6:25 PM on Mar. 15, 2009

• Well, we've lived in our apartment 10 months now and nothing has changed since we moved in.
    MommyToSmeech

Answer by MommyToSmeech at 6:26 PM on Mar. 15, 2009

• I am always changing / re-organizing things. My poor hubby (who hates change) walks around a bit lost for a couple of days. He says right when he gets used to things I up and change everything again..lol..I am not sure why I do this.. I think maybe because things look newer and fresher after I change them around. I change alot of things usually every 3 months or so. Things hanging on the walls, furniture placement, I have 6 different comforters for our bed, the way the cabinets are organized, backyard furniture, the garage, kids room,and so much more.. now that I write it down I think i may have issues..lol.. well my friend know that you are not alone.. there are others out there..lol!

Tzutchka

Answer by Tzutchka at 6:53 PM on Mar. 15, 2009

• i'm always rearranging but it seems that its never complete before I change it again!
    jliv131

Answer by jliv131 at 9:04 PM on Mar. 15, 2009

• I do it all the time lol
    kittie1919104

Answer by kittie1919104 at 9:45 PM on Mar. 15, 2009

• living room every few months
    I used to rearrange my bedroom with i was living with my parents on a weekly basis haha it was bad
    aubrees_mommie

Answer by aubrees_mommie at 11:21 PM on Mar. 15, 2009

• I change all of the furniture in my house probably once a month (except our bedroom, the new apartment we're in has a TINY master bedroom). I'm a SAHM and I get so bored looking at my house the exact same way all the time. Plus, it gives me a chance to do some super cleaning (and get all that change under the couch cushions hehe). It makes me feel like I've accomplished something.
    mommabeth15

Answer by mommabeth15 at 12:31 AM on Mar. 16, 2009

• I had to laugh at your question! I move the furniture all the time! It's a joke at our house that my dh won't be able to find his chir someday! I figure I have to move it to clean, so why not just MOVE it?! Always looking for a better way to arrange, and fit things in (went to a smaller house with big house stuff!) Anyway, I actually DID move his chair into the bedroom, and made a sitting area by the window (our favorite view is from the bedroom) and he loved it! We have coffee in there, and this weekend, watched it SNOW again! It's a process, but I love to do it, and if I dont' like it, I know I will be moving things again soon, anyway! Acrually, right now, I love the way it is, so it will last until I get so tired of it I HAVE to start moving it around again. Both my girls have the same 'affliction' that I do, too. I know that when they start 'cleaning their room', it will be different than when they started!
    islandwalker

Answer by islandwalker at 10:20 AM on Mar. 16, 2009

• i probably do this about once every 3-5 months.. I get bored with the lay out and always am redoing things.. I even go to relatives houses and think.. hmm.. this would look good over here.. lol.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 1:25 PM on Mar. 16, 2009