How do you clean your windows and screens?

My windows are in BAD shape on the outside...I will admit that I've lived in my new house for 4 years and never washed them on the outside or cleaned the screens. PLEASE don't tell my mom! haha...I guess my thoughts that the rain will clean them isn't working anymore and they're driving me crazy! My goal is to do them this week.

liltymesmom

Asked by liltymesmom at 6:08 PM on Mar. 15, 2009 in Home & Garden

• you can do it with a hose. you can probably find a special hose nozzle that can hold cleaner for you to dispense. i would ask in Home Depot or Lowe's for something like that.
    MaMaLaLa369

Answer by MaMaLaLa369 at 7:58 PM on Mar. 15, 2009

• I clean windows and mirrors with glass cleaner and a coffee filter!
    They leave NO STREAKS
    TheShryocks

Answer by TheShryocks at 8:39 AM on Mar. 16, 2009

• It depends on the type of windows you have.. some have latches that you can pull the windows out to clean them.., in that case, do as you do to the inside..
    if not... then get out the ladder and hose.. stray the windows first, to help clean up the screens, and then go up on the ladder, with the window cleaner and spray bottle of cleaner, and get to work (best to do it now.. bees and other insects will be out soon).
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 1:27 PM on Mar. 16, 2009