Do you pick up your doggie's poo when he/she goes while out for a walk?

I have never brought along a baggie to do this b/c my two dogs NEVER poop while out walking. Seriously, I told a friend this one day and she didn't believe me. No matter how long of a walk, they don't do it until we get home. It's weird...but today we passed a lot of poo in people's front yards, so I was wondering if you clean it up or keep on walking?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:11 PM on Mar. 15, 2009 in Just for Fun

• i hate it when people ignore it. it really pisses me off. let it go in your own backyard forever for all i care, but don't ruin a neighborhood you share with others. on the other extreme (same neighborhood) i've had people watch me like a vulture to make sure i clean up... annoying as hell
    juliness

Answer by juliness at 6:13 PM on Mar. 15, 2009

• Yeah the people down the street don't....
    Steff107

Answer by Steff107 at 6:17 PM on Mar. 15, 2009

• I think it's rude when people don't pick it up and it's on other people's property. I'd be pissed if I had to pick up someone else's dog doodoo because they left it. It's definitely the courteous thing to do.
    MicahsMom612

Answer by MicahsMom612 at 6:19 PM on Mar. 15, 2009

• all the time :)
    gammie

Answer by gammie at 6:19 PM on Mar. 15, 2009

• I don't have a dog, but I would pick it up if I did have one. I had a neighbor who would never pick up the poo when his dog crapped in our yard or in the other neighbor's yard. After I stepped in it one day I got pissed. So the next day that dog left a really nasty one in our yard. I scooped that nasty steaming stuff up with a shovel and dumped it on his front walk. Not the nicest thing to do I know, but it made me feel better. I never found dog poo in my yard again. The other neighbor later resorted to something similar.

anime_mom619

Answer by anime_mom619 at 6:21 PM on Mar. 15, 2009

• My dog goes in my yard of the open field down the street. No I don't pick it up unless it's really close to my house.
    Anonymous

• oh yes!! i've passed poop on the ground as i walked down the street, but i make sure i do my own dog's. i think its gross seeing doggy poo on the ground...how irresponsible
    americansugar80

Answer by americansugar80 at 6:25 PM on Mar. 15, 2009

• What area are you living in? It tells you a lot!
    yoshiki56

Answer by yoshiki56 at 6:28 PM on Mar. 15, 2009

• I usually do, but sometimes . . . well, Im guilty of fogetting a baggie sometimes. THAT being said, the dog usually poops in our yard, and I always pick it up.
    epoh

Answer by epoh at 6:50 PM on Mar. 15, 2009

• We rarely take our small dog on walks because he tires so easily. He is happy in his backyard.

I find it disgusting to watch neighbors allowing their dogs to do their "business" on mine and other neighbor's yards and then walk on as if nothing happened. When I am home and see that a person is stopping at my yard with their dog I open my door and ask them to move on. One day I drove home to find a lady allowing her dog to poop on my front yard, which I could see from the side street because we live on a corner lot. I pulled up to her as her dog was finished, rolled down my window, and told her she better clean that up. She swore up and down her dog didn't do it, but I told her I watched her dog do it and she better pick it up or I will follow her home and then call the police. She waited while I got her a bag to put it in.

What is wrong with dogwalkers nowadays?!!!
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 7:19 PM on Mar. 15, 2009