milk supply????

How do i get my milk supply back up to what my baby needs, shes 3 months old and drinking about 4 or 5 oz's at a shot. Im working 10 hour days which is killing my supply i pump on my lunch breaks. I have to use mostly formula now bc i cant keep up, i even have to use it on the weekends when im home. it really bugs me bc i never wanted her to start on formula, and advice?

letlovegrow

Asked by letlovegrow at 6:30 PM on Mar. 15, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Can you pump? My twins were premie and I pumped for them for about 4 months. I rented a hospital grade pump from a local hospital and it helped.
    teamquinn

Answer by teamquinn at 6:34 PM on Mar. 15, 2009

• yea i own a hospital grade pump i use on my breaks but im not making enough to feed her for even a day
    letlovegrow

Answer by letlovegrow at 6:37 PM on Mar. 15, 2009

• Drink tons and tons of water and eat small amounts of things several times a day!! I have found a big bowl of oatmeal in the morning works wonders and also there is a supplement thats sold at GNC called Fenugreek i belive and have heard great things about it!! hope this helps good luck!!
    scaredmommy08

Answer by scaredmommy08 at 6:46 PM on Mar. 15, 2009

• The only thing you can do to boost your supply back to where it needs to be to avoid formula supplements is to pump more often. You can take Fenugreek, and it will help. Take 3 capusles 4 times a day. But only pumping once in a 10 hour span is what's hurting your supply. Don't you get more than just a lunch break? Pump every chance you get- it's the only thing that will work....Sorry that I can't offer a better solution...but there isn't really one.
    kynziesmom

Answer by kynziesmom at 7:15 PM on Mar. 15, 2009

• if you could stop working that would be the best and easiest way to get your supply up. but I'm guessing you can't. So you need to try to pump more often, every two hours for 15-30minutes on each breast would be best and would better mimic how often a baby nurses. Pumping just once while your at work will never get your supply up to what you need.
    Gaberielle

Answer by Gaberielle at 7:52 PM on Mar. 15, 2009