commercial tanning lotion thats tans your skin itself???

is it ok to use? its not tanning bed lotion because i know i cant get in a tanning bed.. its just lotion that turns you skin tan after a cuople hrs. w/o getting outside in the sun.. can i use this w/o harming my baby? im 12 weeks prego by the way.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:50 PM on Mar. 15, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I think it's fine.. it's no different than lotion.
    Anonymous

• u mean a bronzer?
    1sttymmom409

Answer by 1sttymmom409 at 6:55 PM on Mar. 15, 2009

• idk sorry you could ask your dr just to be safe
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 6:55 PM on Mar. 15, 2009

• my doctor told me it is NOT safe. there's an ingredient in self-tanners that contain harmful chemicals that will go to your baby. so if you're pregnant and or breastfeeding, don't do it. just go out in the sun for 15 minutes a day to get a little color, but don't lay out and try to tan though.

there was a new tanning product that's supposed to only stay on the top layer of your skin and made with all natural ingredients. it was on the tv show, Doctors. look up their website to find out what that was and then ask your doctor if it's okay to use.
    GreekMama28

Answer by GreekMama28 at 9:05 PM on Mar. 15, 2009