anyone else like me?

i am 31 y/o and i am getting married to a 51 year old.
alot of ppl bash me for it, other think age is just a number..
i am not sure if what i am doing is right or wrong, but i do love him alot.
i just dont want to make a mistake later and think maybe after a few years that this is silly of me.. can i have some suggestions please?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:54 PM on Mar. 15, 2009 in Relationships

• As long as he makes you happy and you love him. His age should not matter.
    2lovables

Answer by 2lovables at 7:02 PM on Mar. 15, 2009

• My husband is 15 years older than me, and I have a friend married to someone 18 years older than she is.

Unless he's been single all these years, you become an instant grandma, like it or not. Ask yourself if you can live with all these things. If you can, go for it! Both of you deserve to be happy! If you have kids, MAKE SURE he's willing to help you raise them. There will be some tough times ahead there.

Good luck!
    rhope4

Answer by rhope4 at 7:03 PM on Mar. 15, 2009

• If you love him, and want a life with him, you are both adults,give it a try. You may never have regrets, so don't borrow trouble. Ask yourself these questions: Is he good to me? Am I truly in love with him? What things do we have in common (music, movies, books, art, friends food, like or dislike of children and animals,etc.)? Do I see myself with him ten years from now? Your friends may be concerned, but if this is meant to be, they will get used to you two as a married couple and may even say someday, "Now I could never imagine you without him!"
    Aprilmorgans

Answer by Aprilmorgans at 7:10 PM on Mar. 15, 2009

• If you've got doubts, he might not be the one for you. I would definitely think this through.
    Anonymous

• My brother is married to someone that much younger than him. He is lucky she is a great woman I never doubt for a moment that it works for them. The thing is I don't notice their age difference. It means nothing to me, or anyone in our family. I love her like the great sister in law she is. Even though she is 15 years younger than me. Who cares. My brother is 60. What ever!
    Don't worry so much.
    mmmegan38

Answer by mmmegan38 at 10:53 PM on Mar. 15, 2009