Does social anxiety ruin your life?

I get nervous around people but I don't know if that's social anxiety or just nerves.

countingsparows

Asked by countingsparows at 6:57 PM on Mar. 15, 2009 in Relationships

• I call it being normal unless it's interfering with your life. If it is, check with your doctor. There's help available.
    rhope4

Answer by rhope4 at 6:58 PM on Mar. 15, 2009

• yep it does.. i need to go to the dr. but we dont have the money & i really dont want to have to go through with everything..
    MommaTasha1003

Answer by MommaTasha1003 at 7:09 PM on Mar. 15, 2009

• I get so nervous I will figit, and sometimes my heart will start racing and it beats so loud I swear everyone can here it. I know I should go see a doctor about it but I don't know where to start and once again I'm nervous. It also just adds onto my depression, which is another issue I have to bring up to a doctor. It makes it so difficult for me to meet new people, which especially sucks since we moved to a new state. I have only just recently told my husband about everything, even though he kind of figured it out, but he is the only one that knows. I know how you feel.
    Anonymous

• it doesn't "ruin" life, but it sure does make it hard. especially when you really really have to go shopping and you can't breathe until you start going back home again without even getting out of the car. it sucks.
    MaMaLaLa369

Answer by MaMaLaLa369 at 7:53 PM on Mar. 15, 2009

• I wouldn't say it ruins my life as a whole, but it definitely ruins the social part of it lol. I have a few close friends and thats all I really need but it would be nice to meet new people. I get nervous around people and I feel really akward sometimes. I just feel like I'm constantly being judged. I never know what to say so I don't say anything at all and then I get labeled as being shy which makes people not want to talk to me. I've gotten better though. It used to be to the point where I had to go to the bathroom every 5 minutes just so I could be alone locked away in my little stall lol. And like anon, I figet too! I do it as a way to distract myself from having to look people in the eye. Sad isn't it lol?
    jessicarae787

Answer by jessicarae787 at 8:48 PM on Mar. 15, 2009

• I have social anxiety. It limits me but doesn't ruin my life.

Answer by admckenzie at 9:39 PM on Mar. 15, 2009