im 20weeks today and this is my first child and im allmost 20 but i have not felt him move ye tshould i start to worry? when i tell my docs. they dont say anything is wrong but it scares me since he is a big baby shouldnt i feel him move by now? PLEASE HELP

jensteb8807

Asked by jensteb8807 at 6:43 AM on Jun. 20, 2008 in Pregnancy

• i did no feel def movement until 22 weeks . Maybe you could call the doc and get a heartbeat check to ease your mind .
    angeleyesm

Answer by angeleyesm at 6:49 AM on Jun. 20, 2008

• If you don't feel anything by your next visit, but they can hear the heart beat, then don't worry. Some people don't feel it move for the first time until 24 weeks. You should be getting an ultrasound soon if you are at 20 weeks, so that should help to put your mind at ease.
    supershlea

Answer by supershlea at 6:53 AM on Jun. 20, 2008

• Some women just dont feel much movement. Especially with your first. For some reason you may not feel movement with a first till around 20 to 22 weeks. I dont know why that is. Maybe cause you dont really know what to look for in a first pregnancy or something. Anyway, i wouldnt worry. Its gonna be ok.
    becca2715

Answer by becca2715 at 7:47 AM on Jun. 20, 2008

• I didn't start to feel anything til i was 4.5 months. Sometimes you feel the baby move but doesn't know that it's the baby. It feels like you have butterflies in your stomach.
    Mama0215

Answer by Mama0215 at 8:59 AM on Jun. 20, 2008

• I felt kicks early on she was super active all the time when I was pregnant she still is ! Just voice your concern when you see the doctor next. You do want to feel kicks every hour when you get to a certain week don't remember which week.
    baby1love

Answer by baby1love at 10:06 AM on Jun. 20, 2008

• I just turned 20 while I was pregnant and I didnt feel any movement until around 22-23 weeks. As long as you've had an ultrasound and the doctor says its fine, I wouldn't worry for a couple more weeks.
    lizzie_ann

Answer by lizzie_ann at 10:26 AM on Jun. 20, 2008

• With my son, I started feeling him at 19 weeks but in my pregnancy book it said you can start to feel the baby at 23 weeks so I'd say you're doing fine.
    luvr4ula

Answer by luvr4ula at 12:16 PM on Jun. 20, 2008

• I would say you probably have felt it and you just don't know it yet! I swore up and down I felt my daughter at 12 weeks (I was 19) but no one beleived me. Sure enough, when she started moving a lot, around 18 weeks or so, It was that same feeling. It could also be happening when you are asleep. Don't worry. If your doctors aren't worried you don't need to.
    hannahjoy17

Answer by hannahjoy17 at 1:08 PM on Jun. 20, 2008