tooth fairy question

So how much does a tooth go for these days? I was talking to my son about the tooth fairy and how when he loses a tooth, the tooth fairy comes and leaves him something. It's been a long time since I lost a baby tooth. LOL. So I'm wondering what the going rate is these days for a tooth.
And if you're going to bash me for lying to my kid about the tooth fairy, please don't. It's my life. Thanks :o)

CookieMom108

Asked by CookieMom108 at 7:14 PM on Mar. 15, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I personally won't do the tooth fairy. But I do believe the going rate is around $1 per tooth . . .
    epoh

Answer by epoh at 7:15 PM on Mar. 15, 2009

• who would bash you lol ??
    i was actually wondering that my self i mean does the tooth fairy take in account of jacked up prices of a candy bar ? lol i used to get 25 cents lol but we gave my 5 yeasr old with his first tooth a dollar i mean at least he can go get something right lol
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 7:16 PM on Mar. 15, 2009

• with my kids it's a dollar per tooth, providing the tooth is perfect, ni chips, fillings or cavities...if it is damaged, they only get 50 cents...gives them good motivation to take care of their teeth!
    shivasgirl

Answer by shivasgirl at 7:20 PM on Mar. 15, 2009

• Oh I found the best site to print out a personalized tooth fairy certificate for you kids too! just google it. It is free and soooo cute! We usually do $2-4 for each tooth, just bc it is a HUGE deal to get them out of her F&^*Y*& mouth! lol
    pbjmoore

Answer by pbjmoore at 7:20 PM on Mar. 15, 2009

• WOW...looks like we are giving too much though! I guess we don't do allowances or anything like that though
    pbjmoore

Answer by pbjmoore at 7:21 PM on Mar. 15, 2009

• The bashers would be those who think it's not right to tell your child there is a Santa Claus, or an Easter Bunny or even a Tooth Fairy.
    It's sad, most questions I post I ask at the end that those who don't agree with me just don't bother replying. It's like a disclaimer. LOL.
    CookieMom108

Answer by CookieMom108 at 7:21 PM on Mar. 15, 2009

• $1 sounds good.. it all depends on you & your family :) im sure there are some families out there that still gives a quarter.. while some probley give out $10-20!!!
    MommaTasha1003

Answer by MommaTasha1003 at 7:24 PM on Mar. 15, 2009

• lol oh i guess i miss people like that they are just sad big deal so a kid believes in santa for 6 years or so lol they grow out of it lol
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 7:24 PM on Mar. 15, 2009

• We usually do $2-4 for each tooth, just bc it is a HUGE deal to get them out of her F&^*Y*& mouth! lol

LOL.  That's funny.  I was the same way when I was little, I walked around holding a tissue in my hand under my chin when I had a loose tooth, because I was scared for some reason that it would hurt coming out or that I would swallow it.

CookieMom108

Answer by CookieMom108 at 7:27 PM on Mar. 15, 2009

• My daughter does the $1.00 a tooth. Inflation and all....LOL

People, especially kids, need something to believe in. Santa Claus, the Easter Bunny, the Tooth Fairy. Even the child in adults need that.
    foreverb3

Answer by foreverb3 at 7:40 PM on Mar. 15, 2009