What are some ways to cure the "flat head"?

My son was in and out of the hospital, and now he has kind of a "flat head" what are some things that I can do to change that?? He's 5 months, and I've been doing tummy time and letting him play in his Jumperoo, but no results.... Please help lol

MamaStrawBerry1

Asked by MamaStrawBerry1 at 7:25 PM on Mar. 15, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Try those snug fitted caps. That is what my doctor once told me to do w/my sons head.
    mamaada

Answer by mamaada at 7:28 PM on Mar. 15, 2009

• Oh, I was going to suggest a Jumperoo, but I see you already have one. Dd had a flat spot on the side of her head and we bought her a jumperoo and after about a month, it was gone. How long has it been? When they get really bad, sometimes babies have to wear helmets. Maybe you could wear your baby also.
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 7:30 PM on Mar. 15, 2009

• My ped said it will fix itself and it did after about 2 months. Once she started sitting up on her own.
    VBeachMommy

Answer by VBeachMommy at 8:14 PM on Mar. 15, 2009

• how do you know if its flat? will it be obviously flat? cause my sons head in the back has a lil curve to it, but compared to my daughter his head is not as round... i know, it sounds like a dumb question, but ive never seen a kid with a flat spot, so i dont know what to look out for.
    kiliki_malie

Answer by kiliki_malie at 8:59 PM on Mar. 15, 2009