Uncircumsized.... Need advice

Due to my son being in the hospital as a preemie, he pasted the time to get circumsized. The nurses have told me to keep pulling back the skin, but I wont go back, now the foreskin has completely almost grew shut almost. He hasn't had any infections, or uti's so what do I do?

MamaStrawBerry1

Asked by MamaStrawBerry1 at 7:28 PM on Mar. 15, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• The pediatrician can handle that for you. My first boy was not circumcised and not once did i pull back the foreskin. I would stop pulling it back until a doc tells you what to do. It might be irritated and is staying shut for a reason. I know one time my doc monitored a similar issue with my second boy who was circumcised, he still had some foreskin left and it was closing up. Just let your doc handle it. Be careful!
    Steff107

Answer by Steff107 at 7:41 PM on Mar. 15, 2009

• It's never "too late" to get circumcised and you should NEVER pull the skin back if he's not.
    Anonymous

• uhmmm...last I checked you're not supossed to pull back the skin at all. The nurses are wrong, it can damage his penis. Why are they telling you to pull back the foreskin?
    Gaberielle

Answer by Gaberielle at 7:48 PM on Mar. 15, 2009

• >>>>>DO NOT PULL IT BACK<<<<< do nothing he is perfectly fine.. just keep him clean and DON't mess with it..
    Anonymous

• Well, the nurses told me to pull it back, and the peds told me that Id have to pay $5000 to get it done now.... unless he had problems, but he doesnt have any problems not in pain, or infections or anything.... what do i do?
    MamaStrawBerry1

Answer by MamaStrawBerry1 at 7:49 PM on Mar. 15, 2009

• What do you mean nothings wrong with it? the foreskin grew almost completely shut over it... the hole is about the size of the head on a pin...
    MamaStrawBerry1

Answer by MamaStrawBerry1 at 7:51 PM on Mar. 15, 2009

• Well his foreskin isn't where he pees out of, so as long as he's not having issues leave it alone. His hole on the head of his penis is probably pretty small anyways. Just DON'T touch it. Leave it alone, it usually will release itself at around a year old.

Navymama

Answer by Navymama at 8:25 PM on Mar. 15, 2009

• By pulling it back you may have caused some adhesions. You shouldn't have pulled it back, the nurses gave you bad info :( My son's opening it small as well and that is how it should be. He's 2 and we NEVER pull his skin back, only the owner of the penis should pull the skin back and it can retract anytime between now and his teenage years. You can check the AAP website and you'll find the same info.
    Pauline3283

Answer by Pauline3283 at 10:45 PM on Mar. 15, 2009

• Don't pull the foreskin back. The opening is supposed to be small! Pulling back the foreskin can cause a lot of problems..the nurses gave you horrible advice.
    Cynthje

Answer by Cynthje at 11:16 AM on Mar. 16, 2009

• i have two uncircumcised boys ages 2 and 6...i have NEVER pulled their foreskins back. that can damage the penis... the foreskin is attached to te head of the penis...by pulling it back you are basically ripping it away much like ripping your fingernails from your fingers.

Natural foreskin separation does not occur until the age of 3-10...and even into puberty is perfectly normal. Nurses and even pediatricians in America are sadly the ones giving out the out of date information and that my friend is what causes little boys to have "problems" later in life.
    In europe boys and men rarely ever have problems because they know not to mess with it.
    Daisymae6

Answer by Daisymae6 at 1:09 PM on Mar. 16, 2009