Did you use bold or safe neutrals on your walls ?

I see usually in films the homes decorated in bold bright colors. I think " that is beautiful, Bright red kitchens , Midnight blue bedrooms, Purple Baths But I chicken out and stay with the neutrals . Have you been bold and enjoyed sucess or did you stick safe ?

gitanomadre

Asked by gitanomadre at 7:32 PM on Mar. 15, 2009 in Home & Garden

• my parents went bold and i LOVE it.... but neutrals for me :]
    aliciatron

Answer by aliciatron at 7:35 PM on Mar. 15, 2009

• My dining room is Red and my fire place is Red... so bold for me...

gmasboy

Answer by gmasboy at 7:41 PM on Mar. 15, 2009

• Since we are moving in to our own place and I now have the option to paint, believe me I wanted to do bold.. BUT after thinking it over, I'll do some nice neutral tans and green for the kitchen.. It will also be easier to change up decor when you have the neutral to work with..
    jliv131

Answer by jliv131 at 9:01 PM on Mar. 15, 2009

• my living room is blue and brown its really pretty together.
    DDs room is a bright pink it goes with the disney princess theme
    aubrees_mommie

Answer by aubrees_mommie at 11:20 PM on Mar. 15, 2009

• Oh that sounds so pretty the pink I saw a dark brown with a blue it was so appealing
    gitanomadre

Answer by gitanomadre at 12:16 AM on Mar. 16, 2009

• Last year I painted my kitchen 'roasted red pepper' red. I couldn't actually make myself touch the red paint filled roller to the pure white wall, so my dd took it from me and started! WOW! It was only going to be one wall, but over the weeks, I ended up painting under the cabinets on the other 2 walls, and an adobe brownish color on the biggest wall opposite the big red wall. EVERYONE loves it. Then last month I painted one wall in our bedroom a romantic delicious dark Hershey chocolate, with the other walls a milk chocolate color. It is SO gorgeous, and so cozy, yet not too dark. I absolutely love it, and my dh liked that I was making OUR room romantic! Little white lights behind the white curtains don't hurt, either!!! If you want to try it, DO it. If you dont' like one wall, redo it. But at least TRY it!
    islandwalker

Answer by islandwalker at 10:11 AM on Mar. 16, 2009

• Wow Islandwalker that sounds so pretty I wish I could see pics I saw a blue room I mean blue like a Midnight blue and it has white accessories It was so pretty , I think blue woud be a big hit for the man of the house too, I need guts lol
    gitanomadre

Answer by gitanomadre at 10:34 AM on Mar. 16, 2009

• Both! I used a bold color on two walls and a neutral complimenting color on the other two.
    lisamomfor3

Answer by lisamomfor3 at 11:04 AM on Mar. 16, 2009

• Bold here!

I have a red dining room. My entry is a sponged red/gold. I used shades of gold in other rooms. The gold isn't the shiny kind...it is the really warm shades of yellow. One wall in my family room has a shades of gold "leathered" wall.
    yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 11:57 AM on Mar. 16, 2009

• my halls are nuetral. but my other rooms are very bright. my kitchen is painted bright lime, and i have orange and red accesories... i love my house- and everyone compliments me. each room has a theme - and they are alll bright. except the den/office is dark browns. (the man's room) lol
    Tiffany8168

Answer by Tiffany8168 at 1:11 PM on Mar. 16, 2009