Anxiety disorder

Is there any way to beat anxiety with out meds? I had it bad when i was preg. but after teh second baby it hasnt went away but not as severe.

mocamomma22

Asked by mocamomma22 at 7:42 PM on Mar. 15, 2009 in Health

• You can work with a therapist to help you with coping skills, they will help you learn ways to control your anxiety and not let it control you, therapy call also help you recognize your triggers and see things in a different light, etc....
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 7:47 PM on Mar. 15, 2009

• get self help books that's what greatly helped me. Mind over matter is a very powerful quote and true. One really great effective book is Hope and Healing for your Nerves by Dr Claire Weeks. It helped me, I get anxiety attacks once in a great while but I can easily ignore and dismiss them because I'm not bothered or so intensly worried about the feelings the produce.
    Anonymous

• Coping skills are a great idea but also you can go to the vitamin shop and get Saint Johns Wart its a natural pill that helps wonders
    CookieMama

Answer by CookieMama at 8:09 PM on Mar. 15, 2009

• I had to come off my meds for GAD when I started trying to get pregnant. I learned to meditate. It really helped me. I don't mean meditate with a dark room and candles and all that. Just a quiet place where I can tune everything out and just breathe. It is a lifesaver. I don't think I will go back on the meds now.
    VBeachMommy

Answer by VBeachMommy at 8:09 PM on Mar. 15, 2009

• I think exercise helps a lot. I suffer from very severe anxiety and panic attacks. I take medication for it because it happens so frequently that I can't spend my whole day exercising. LOL. Maybe try meditation? Breathing exercises? You can probably find foods that will help with it as well although off hand I really am not sure which ones they are.
    munch12502

Answer by munch12502 at 8:18 PM on Mar. 15, 2009

• I tried mostly everything. Nothing worked. Got meds...now I'm fine.
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 8:43 PM on Mar. 15, 2009

• First, why do you have anxiety? What do you think starts causing it?
    cloey32

Answer by cloey32 at 9:35 PM on Mar. 15, 2009