Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Has anyone ever worked for the government?

like for a social services department? What kind of degree did you have to have?

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 7:43 PM on Mar. 15, 2009 in Money & Work

Answers (1)
  • You will need a Bachelors degree in Human Services, Sociology or Psychology. Some state agencies hire assistants for the social workers and counselors. For most of these you either just need experience in working with people or an Associates Degree. You can then work your way up. That is what I did. I do not work for social services, but a similar state agency. I started out as an assistant. I had two years of college. I then finished my Bachelors Degree and was promoted. I am now finishing my Masters Degree and will again be promoted. The best part is many state agencies will help pay for you to finish school. The agency I work for paid for about half of my tuition for me to finish the last 2 years of my Bachelors and I received a grant from the federal government that paid 100% of my Masters degree because there is a need for people in my profession at the Masters level. PM me if you want more info.


    Answer by Magpie75 at 10:37 PM on Mar. 15, 2009

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.