Divorce Question

How could we find out if he is divorced or not. We haven't heard anything from his wife in about 8 years. He signed some papers about 8 years ago and the x-wife to be took them to another state to sign them or whatever. Anyway he doesn't know if he is divorced or not. Last we heard she was remarried but we are not sure. Is there anyway we can find out for sure. We want to get married and don't know if we can. Please help me. Thank you!

lincsmom74

Asked by lincsmom74 at 7:58 PM on Mar. 15, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Well I'm from Texas and I believe that you have to file for divorce in the same county you were married in. So if they were filed you should be able to contact the courthouse in that county, I believe they post it on line as well. Hope this helps
    auntshag
    auntshag

Answer by auntshag at 8:01 PM on Mar. 15, 2009

• If you haven't heard anything then I doubt that she has signed the divorce papers. Do you know where your S/O drew up the papers for the divorce? He has already signed his name over for the divorce correct? If so, you can call that pirticular place & to find that info out.
    onespecialmom

Answer by onespecialmom at 8:03 PM on Mar. 15, 2009

• You should be able to find this out over the internet...If you look hard enough you can pay to get this type of info.

Answer by louise2 at 8:04 PM on Mar. 15, 2009

• There was something in the local paper saying " Divorce for $250" or something like that. So we called and they sent us papers. He signed them and she took them. Keep in mind he does not live in the same state he was married in. (Maryland) But I didn't think he was divorced because we never got anything in the mail saying it was finalized.

lincsmom74

Answer by lincsmom74 at 8:09 PM on Mar. 15, 2009

• Here in MO we have a website called case-net, try to see if theres one in your state, it should be listed on there.. If not then just call the local courthouse and see if its filed...
    4x4mum

Answer by 4x4mum at 8:12 PM on Mar. 15, 2009