Which feeding should I do? Can't decide

So I can't decide between breast feeding and bottle feeding I tried breast feeding with my son but 1 I didn't have enough milk to feed him because he ate so much and 2 it just felt weird but now I'm pregnant with my daughter and I don't know if I should try breast feeding again or just bottle feed.....also I would like to be able to keep the size of them.

Mrs.Jolly

Asked by Mrs.Jolly at 8:16 PM on Mar. 15, 2009 in Pregnancy

• its up to you what you want to try to do.. breast feeding is best but sometimes woman dont want to do it , they feel uncomfy about it. the chose is yours. best of luck
    booboo32

Answer by booboo32 at 8:18 PM on Mar. 15, 2009

• Consider breastfeeding again. But consult a lactation specialist. But as long as your baby gets fed it's not going to matter where it comes from.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 8:19 PM on Mar. 15, 2009

• I read in my maternity book that contrary to what a lot of moms think breast feeding isn't what changes your breast size its going through pregnancies. If you get great help from a lactation consultant like the PP said, you should do well and not get engourged and it may work out great for you. I've been thinking about the same thing myself, but I just can't see myself dishing out about $150 a month for formula.
    Anonymous

• Just give breastfeeding a try...and by the way most women "think" they don't make enough milk but they do. Newborn breastfed babies are suppose to want to eat every 1-2 hours As long as you are only feeding them breastmilk and keep putting them using the "on demand method," then it's rare to not make enough milk. You can't compare the feeding to a formula fed baby.

I would definitely get help from a lactation consultant. Usually the hospital will provide a service.

If it does not work out then no sweat you tried. Don't stress yourself over it. Hope that helps.
    Anonymous

• You can also check out the La Leche League website for a group in your area.
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 8:53 PM on Mar. 15, 2009

• I know this may sound silly but if I breast feed will I lose my breast size
    Mrs.Jolly

Answer by Mrs.Jolly at 9:09 PM on Mar. 15, 2009

• >>I tried breast feeding with my son but 1 I didn't have enough milk to feed him because he ate so much>>

You were probably doing fine. Newborns eat eat eat.

>> and 2 it just felt weird<<

OK. Some moms feel that way

>> but now I'm pregnant with my daughter and I don't know if I should try breast feeding again or just bottle feed.....<<

Your choice. But stop by the Breastfeeding Moms Group and check out the 101 Reasons to breastfeed on our Resources Forum.

>>also I would like to be able to keep the size of them.<<

Breastfeeding WILL NOT affect that. Pregnancy makes all the changes. Look at your mom or any other woman who's given birth in your bloodline. That's what you can expect. Doesn't matter if they breastfed or not.

Answer by gdiamante at 11:40 PM on Mar. 15, 2009

• >>I know this may sound silly but if I breast feed will I lose my breast size <<

50-50 chance...whether or not you breastfeed. Whatever changes you saw after your first child? You'll see the same but more pronounced after this one.

Answer by gdiamante at 11:41 PM on Mar. 15, 2009

• All these ladies are correct what ever is best for you and the baby is always number one, breast milk is best you could talk to a WIC specialist and also go to websites there are so may to choose from. Good luck to you mama.
    mmgoodman

Answer by mmgoodman at 10:18 PM on Mar. 16, 2009

• Thank you guys your alot of help
    Mrs.Jolly

Answer by Mrs.Jolly at 7:49 PM on Mar. 22, 2009