breastfeeding...

I've been looking at nursing tops and DH says I should wait to buy until I'm sure I can breastfeed.

Now, I've been leaking colostrum since I was 20 weeks, and I've already gone from a small C to a full G cup-size.

Should I have anything to worry about as far as producing milk goes?

matobe

Asked by matobe at 8:21 PM on Mar. 15, 2009 in Pregnancy

• breast size has nothing to do with milk production. if you are already producing colostrum, that might mean you won't have a production problem, but it doesn't mean breastfeeding will be easy. both you and baby have to learn together- latch issues were a big problem with me, and i just kept at it until things got better. it was the one thing only i could do for my daughter, so i would not give up! she only just weaned at 13 months, soon after i got pregnant again.
    for nursing tops, i would wait a bit, depending on how far along you are. i go really big with my daughter, and then jumped bigger right after she was born. then s l o w l y over the next year i got smaller. so i would get a couple different sizes when you do get some. button up PJ tops were super comfy at first, and didn't hug my boobs either- you get very tender sometimes, and don't want stuff that's too tight all the time.
    MaMaLaLa369

Answer by MaMaLaLa369 at 8:30 PM on Mar. 15, 2009

• If your breasts have already grown this significantly I would wait too, you don't want to spend all this money on nursing bras/tops that won't fit later on, maybe buy one that will grow with you (sorry can't remember the website)
    Anonymous

• I wouldn't but your milk still hasn't come in so I would wait to see what size you'll need because your boobs might get even bigger.
    gettingfat89

Answer by gettingfat89 at 8:23 PM on Mar. 15, 2009

• i agree that you should atleast wait till your milk comes in...my boobs got between a half cup and full cup bigger after my milk came in....c to a g? eh? i bet hubby's lovin it.lol
    tnteaton

Answer by tnteaton at 8:52 PM on Mar. 15, 2009

• (Forgot to mention!!) I'm 35wks...

lol, hubby loved it for a while, but now they're so big they're in the way! Also, he tends to have jealousy issues sometimes, I get a lot of stares, lol!
    matobe

Answer by matobe at 10:27 PM on Mar. 15, 2009

• Doesn't sound like you'll have any worries. Tell hubby there's no "ifs" about it....attitude counts!

Never bought a nursing top myself. Just wore my regular clothes and pulled the shirts up.

Answer by gdiamante at 11:36 PM on Mar. 15, 2009