My daughter is 14 months and I can not get her to sleep in her crib, Any Advise.

Everytime I put her down asleep or awake in her crib she will screen and cry like someone is pinching her. I've tried several times to let her cry it out and she just cries untill she pukes. I have been doing this over and over again since she was 4 months old. I'm going to go crazy. I have to get her in her own bed.

mom2b25

Asked by mom2b25 at 8:22 PM on Mar. 15, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• We had the same trouble with my DS. I too tried just letting him cry. He'd stand there and cry forever if I left him. Finally one day I put him in the crib at nap time but sat in the room with him. He still cried, but with me there after a while he actually laid down and fell asleep. I kept doing this. Sometimes it' worked, sometimes it didn't, but I kept it up. Now, he wants in his crib when he's fully awake. He knows it's time to take a nap or go to sleep and usually goes without any sort of fight whatsoever. We still have our nights where he gets a little upset or thinks he isn't tired, but those are few and far between.

We also read him a story EVERYNIGHT before we put him down. He knows bedtime is coming when he gets his story.

I hope something works for you soon. It's so frustrating I know.
    Nika75

Answer by Nika75 at 9:13 PM on Mar. 15, 2009

• I wish I had advice for you...but you know where Emily sleeps most nights.
    momjoy1027

Answer by momjoy1027 at 9:30 PM on Mar. 15, 2009

• Maybe she's scared of the crib since it's enclosed if she's been sleeping in your bed this whole time. You could try a toddler bed or a twin bed mattress (but on the floor since she's so young, so she doesn't fall). I've heard that works for some people. Try to keep a very solid routine, that helps a lot. Also people swear by the book "No Cry Sleep Solutions" for kids who need help sleeping on their own after cosleeping. (My kids were in their cribs earlier)
    EmilySusan

Answer by EmilySusan at 9:36 PM on Mar. 15, 2009

• Thanks for your advise so far. I will try what Nika75 said and I will also look up that book that EmilySusan told me about. Thanks Girls! Oh and Joy maybe this will help you to.

mom2b25

Answer by mom2b25 at 8:39 PM on Mar. 16, 2009

• I had this problem with my 14mnth old daughter an i was tired of the getting to sleep then shortly after she would wake up an be screaming so we tried a toddler bed an i rocked her to sleep an put her in it an she sleeped perfect all night it was wonderful you might try it, i even put her in our room an put up a gate just in case so she couldnt get out if she woke
    lilbritches501

Answer by lilbritches501 at 11:39 PM on Mar. 16, 2009