What should I do for my baby's reflux???

my baby is 8 months old and still has it bad i breastfeed so it isnt the type of formula she's on or anything do anybody else have this same problem or have any suggestions.

ILYNAA

Asked by ILYNAA at 8:49 PM on Mar. 15, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• If she really has reflux (not just spitting up or anything like that) than she needs to be on meds to control it. I'm not a big medicine advocate but if the reflux isn't controlled depending on the severity level it could be doing major damage to her esophagus which increases the chances for cancer later on in life among leading to other problems.
    aurorabunny

Answer by aurorabunny at 8:53 PM on Mar. 15, 2009

• Mine spitup BAD until about 8-9 mo. and then one day it was over. If you're concerned about it and if it seems to be causing discomfort, talk to your doctor about it. Good Luck.
    ANGIE409

Answer by ANGIE409 at 8:57 PM on Mar. 15, 2009

• I agree w/ANGIE409. My 8 month has totally stopped spitting up. If yours continues you should ask Dr. about it...she might need meds.
    mamaada

Answer by mamaada at 9:20 PM on Mar. 15, 2009

• have you started her on foods? cereal? veggies, fruits? if she is and still has reflux, i would see if maybe its your diet... i stopped all milk/dairy etc, and our sons got a lot better, plus at night i was placing him to sleep on his tummy... helped with the gas, but usually it clears up at least with friends who have babies before 6 months, maybe she needs a bit of medication to help with it... have you talked to her Doctor?
    sweetscrappin

Answer by sweetscrappin at 9:52 PM on Mar. 15, 2009

• a friend of mines child had reflux. So mom stopped eating dairy and wheat(it passes through the breastmilk). That did the trick. Also there is chiropractic care that can be done for babies that can help
    Lynette

Answer by Lynette at 9:55 PM on Mar. 15, 2009

• My son has reflux and has been on Prevacid for about 1.5 months. His is because he's a preemie, but I know that the condition is common due to allergies as well.
    AlyKen

Answer by AlyKen at 2:03 AM on Mar. 16, 2009

• Try keeping your baby upright for at least 20 minutes after feeding. Also, minimal movement (yes, this is tough when they're active!) helps minimize spitup. My guy has to take Zantac, which neutralizes the acid. Good luck!
    mevxoxo

Answer by mevxoxo at 3:45 PM on Mar. 16, 2009